Chiappa Rhino .357

Keepin_Jeepin

I was going to trade a rifle of mine for a nice old Ruger blackhawk .357 and it fell through so I sold the rifle and still want the revolver.

I started looking for .357s and came across the Rhino. I think its awesome, its a new twist on an old classic. Has anyone shot these? What do you think about them? I have the money to buy one and I cant not handle it before I buy it as no where local has one.

My short is or a nice 1911. Budget is about 1000 dollars give or take a few hundred.

Motownstan

I have a black 5 inch and a Nickle 2 inch. They are both a pleasure to shoot and their accuracy exceeds my capability. I have shot my hottest 357 loads out of both and they are really easy to do follow up shots (no muzzle flip to speak of). I have a S&W 442 that gets painful to shoot after a few cyls. Shooting 357's in the 2 inch Rhino actually feels good, like I could shoot them all day.

I wish they would make the 2 inch DAO and eliminate the cocking lever (hammer) as it is very hard to cock. The trigger is actually pretty good, not as good as my Smiths, but more like my Kahr K-9

The newer ones are cut for Moon Clips, which can be shot with or without.

442Rhino_zps66b7d753.jpg

Rhino5a_zps078126f9.jpg

goodhip

I have had a Rhino for over a year heavy trigger pull on da very hard to get used to. Did take up alot of recoil with .357. BUT think about this your finger is mighty close to the chamber that is firing with nothing but cast frame between you and the chamber. Think about it I did not. Will not make that mistake again.

OcelotZ3

I have a 5" Rhino.

I really like it a lot. Recoil is controllable. Heavy DA trigger pull, yet I am more accurate with the Rhino than many other revolvers/autos. I like it a lot.