Chiappa & Puma Model M-1911-22's Noticed something BAD...

bennnn

I had decided that when I went to the range/gunstore today to shoot and do some other biz that I was going to buy one of the new Chiappa/Puma Model M-1911-22's,,,, my dealer had one of each flavor, a Chiappa and a Puma, same thing really.

So I picked the first one up, (Chiappa) and set the sights on the wall, Holy crap,, the rear sight was canted down to the left,, I was thinking ***?

I asked to see the Puma marked one as well,,, lined 'em up,, same thing.

I got to looking and it seems like the dovetail is milled a little deeper on the right side, and that would mean CNC'd a whole lot of them must be like that.

Anybody else seeing this but me? I'm a machinist, so I guess my eye is a bit strickter than some, but it was quite noticable on both.

It threw me off buying one,, and now I'm bummed, I'd hate to think I have to buy a new pistol and re-mill the slot myself just to not have to look at that canted sight....

Yes, I know it won't matter much,, blah blah and all that.

I won't buy one that's like that, and that sucks, I wanted one.

Last edited:

David the Gnome

I've looked at a number of those Chiappa 1911-22's and everyone I've looked at had the writing on the slide crooked. If they can't be bothered to line up their own name on the slide correctly I really don't care to see the internals. That's not to mention the fact that they feel like a toy in your hands. Now that I think about it, I've actually held many air soft guns that felt better built than the Chiappa did.

With so many quality 22LR conversion slides and with the upcoming GSG 1911-22 I can't see any reason to go with the Chiappa.

picture-3-19.png

bennnn

I'm just wondering if anybody else is seeing these canted rear sights.

I guess add this to the list of bad right?