Chiappa Firearms

DBski

Has anyone heard of this company? They have a 1911 style pistol in the catalog that shoots 22lr. Has anybody seen or have this pistol? It looks good in the catalog but how does it shoots????? $299 MSRP

Dave85

I don't know...their website is pretty reassuring:
The modern techniques of design and production, joined to the craftmade passion with which this job is still spent today, makes Armi Chiappa products are safe and painstaking in every detail.
The care reserved for each individual part, it’s the secret to obtain a superior quality products.
Armi Chiappa is a reality in continuos expansion thanks to the productive flexibility and to the continuos research applied to the products and at innovative production techniques .
They must have spent at least fifty dollars on the translator. That reeks of attention to detail. They've got me convinced.

cougar gt-e

They must have spent at least fifty dollars on the translator. That reeks of attention to detail. They've got me convinced.

Was that what they call, "sarcasm"? We don't git much of that type of big city talk round here.:p

PetahW

FWIW, I got an "interesting" PM, from a brand-new member here, claiming to be the Chiappa Arms Company -
logon: Chiappa Ltd
- complaining about my above reply:

"In a forum recently you wrote: 'Look up Armi Sport, their former name as junque makers.'

May I inquire on how you came to this conclusion?
We are very concerned about our image and perception of our company. We have introduced some very unique & quality products in the Sharps style (US Shooting Team model for example) the Little Sharps, the Model 92 Pistol (Bounty Hunter & Mare's Leg) as well as a host of other vintage Model 92 products that have recieved great reviews. What in our product line do you consider junk?

Thank you very much,

Chiappa Firearms"

I thought some might be interested in my PM reply:

Dear anonymous,

With all due respect, please reconsider what you read, that I posted, meant.

I didn't post that Chiappa is currently making junk, or offer any other opinion about Chiappa.

In answer to a query, I posted that Chiappa was formerly known as Armi Sport - which product(s) quality history(s) the original poster can indeed research for themselves.

Good Day

Last edited:

DBski

Now that all that is over, Does anyone know about the 1911-22lr pistol? Where can it be found, dealers in the metro Detroit area??? Qua;ity, accruracy, reliablity?

HisSoldier

" The slide and frame are made of non ferrous alloy, probably zink based".

Who is GunBlast serving when they give a good rating to a gun with zinc in it? Certainly not the gun buyer! I'd recommend a gun like that to someone I didn't like I guess, but can't think of anyone I dislike that much!

PeterC

Chiappa Firearms Model 1911-22

I just came back from the range, where I tried out a new Chiappa Model 1911-22. I went through about 200 rounds of Federal American Eagle .22 HV and Winchester Xpert HV ammo. I was quite impressed with the accuracy of the pistol, even though I was firing offhand. The trigger pull seems quite heavy, perhaps close to 8 lbs. I don't know if this will improve with more rounds fired. Overall quality seems quite good, especially considering the price. The 10-round magazine will accommodate 11 rounds. I discovered that quite accidentally, not paying attention while loading the mag, then wondering why the slide didn't lock back after the tenth round was fired. Surprise! Okay, it's not steel, and it's not a Wilson Combat custom, but IMHO it's a hell of a good shooter, especially for $299!

w_houle

Their reviews are interesting and funny, but due to the constant positive feedback given, makes me ask the question: Has any gun received a bad review from them?

David the Gnome

W_houle, I usually agree with most of the reviews on Gunblast but I don't recall ever seeing a negative review on there. That's sort of the thing about reviewing a product though. One range session isn't enough to tell you much about a gun. You really learn what the gun is like once you've lived with it for a while and had a chance to test its endurance.

ninjatoth

If I read you right,you are looking for a .22 that don't look like a .22,but that looks like a 9mm or any other auto.In that case,I would look at the Walther p22s.They are only about $300 msrp.

gyvel

I don't know...their website is pretty reassuring:

Quote:
The modern techniques of design and production, joined to the craftmade passion with which this job is still spent today, makes Armi Chiappa products are safe and painstaking in every detail.
The care reserved for each individual part, it’s the secret to obtain a superior quality products.
Armi Chiappa is a reality in continuos expansion thanks to the productive flexibility and to the continuos research applied to the products and at innovative production techniques .

Is this the same company that writes instruction manuals for Chinese electric fans???:D

gyvel

The origins of Armi Chiappa go back to 1958, when Ezechiele Chiappa, better known as Oscar and employed in the gun field since the tenderest age, set up the Armi Sport to manufacture guns...

He started the company in 1958, but was "...employed in the gun field since the tenderest age..."

Was he in the Balilla???

whippoorwill

If you've ever held one of their Model 92 lever-actions, you know that's where their attention to detail is placed. Perhaps you could travel to Italy and offer your services an translator!

Do they advertise on Gunblast's website?

I don't think so, but Ruger, Colt, and Smith and Wesson do. I suppose we best stay away from those brands! Thanks for the heads-up!

Brad1946

Chiappa Review

Chiappa refunded my money on the product. We came to a mutual understanding. Can anyone recommend a unique 12 guage that could be used for basic bird hunting and skeet shooting?

Last edited: