Check Your Remington 30-30 Ammo

Sarge

Back in October, I received word from ‘Blake’ in Georgia regarding insufficient crimps and irregular seating he noticed in several boxes of new Remington 30-30 ammunition.

5l9d06.jpg

My experience with this guy is that he’s genuine- not someone who’d post a BS complaint. Blake followed with photos and lot numbers of the affected ammunition, his correspondence with Remington and today, his receipt of replacement ammo- which did not meet his expectations. Of the new, replacement ammunition, he writes:

“I can grab some by the case and push them against the notepad on my desk and push the bullet back just far enough that the marks on the bullet slide under the brass.”

The story and pictures are posted at Sarge’s Roll Call for anyone who is interested. The direct URL to that article is http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2010/10/reported-oalinsufficient-crimp-problem.html#links

At the very least, this should provide incentive to give your hunting ammunition a good hard look before you poke your rifle full of it and head off to the woods.

30-30remchester

I had the same experence with Remington 30-30's. Many were loose and the bullet would be pushed back into the case after loading in tubular magazines.

Sarge

I posted this up on about a half-dozen forums, Remchester, and yours is not the first confirmation of what Blake discovered. The surprising aspect, for me at least, was that the replacements weren't significantly better than his original purchase.