check your M1 Carbines !

oldcars

I lost my dad to heart failure on November 11 th and my family and I are going through old paperwork when I found a couple really cool things : one was pictures of my dad's old high school hot rods that he had wanted to show me but we could never find, and yesterday I found a small laminated tag that reads:
MEMORANDUM RECEIPT for INDIVIDUAL WEAPON with a bunch of my dad's info from when he was in the service in the late 50's at Fort Ord CA. Including the serial # of the " Carbine Cal 30 " he was assigned !!!

So, if anyone has an M1 Carbine with the serial # 1337884 I would love to hear about it!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOONG shot I know, but hey it could happen!

Now if I can just track down his old 1948 Ford Convertible custom and his 1955 Austin Healey ( I have the Vin for that one) I would really be happy!!!

deadeye1122

My condolences on the loss of your father. Hopefully the readers of this forum will have some answers to your dads M-1 or pass it along on other forums. Can the CMP track the serial number if it went thru there? There has to be a Austin Healey organization that has a VIN number data base. Good luck keep us informed. deadeye

tAKticool

Curious , how much would a very good condition mid to late 70s M1 Carbine ( in the original kmart cardboard box lol ) be worth about ? Very little use if any , was purchased back then , fired a few times , and after being cleaned and oiled it's been chilling for 20+. Any worth ?P thanks as always.

( of course after hearing about the " M1" " big big bad battlefield rifle " that was in the family I was Reaaaaaaly hoping we'd find an M1A but hey no loss right.

SuperTodd

I would definitely contact CMP- they may have some record of it, or that would be a good forum to post that your looking for that serial number.

speedyjerry

"70s M1 Carbine ( in the original kmart cardboard box lol )"

Not a Military most likely, not worth any more then it cost new, Hialeah or Plainfield built?

stu925

Good luck finding that rifle, let us find know what you find out. I too went looking for one of my father's guns after he passed away. I found the gun but the price was just way out of my price range at the time. It was nice to see my Dad's rifle again even if I couldn't afford to own it.

Stu