Cheapest new handgun available? (settle a bet)

TXAZ

I don't want to prejudice the answer, so make whatever assumptions you deem.

What is the cheapest handgun you can buy (fires more than 1 shot)? Pricing is for a new weapon legit purchased through a dealer you'd have to do the paper work on. (not some guy off the street).
Thanks

weblance

High Point handguns are low priced, as is the Phoenix HP22. I dont think anything new, is much cheaper than those.

TXAZ

IbMikey said
Put a few bucks with your stash and buy a real pistol, long term you will not regret the decision..
Hi IbMikey
This thread is about how cheap you COULD buy the cheapest but legit new gun (w/ 4473), without regard to quality. The bet is strictly a price point. Thanks.

osbornk

High Point handguns are low priced, as is the Phoenix HP22. I don't think anything new, is much cheaper than those.

I have both a Hi-Point C9 and a Phoenix HP22. I bought them because they were the cheapest handguns I found with both a lifetime warranty and a reputation for reliability (by people who actually have them). They have been very reliable for me and I have had no experience with their warranty since nothing has happened to them. However, the warranty service has been praised by those that have needed it.

I also have a Heritage Rough Rider because it was the cheapest revolver with a good reliability and accuracy reputation (by people who actually own them). It is my favorite cowboy handgun to shoot and it goes well with my Henry lever rifle.

Gregory Gauvin

Do AOW's count? I'm sure if you brazed a nail to a roofing hammer Gov. Molly would make you register it. That would run you maybe $3, minus the tax stamp.

tallball

I got a Heritage single action 22 revolver for $99 at Academy the Christmas season before last. It was a Black Friday special.

Ibmikey

TXAZ, I understand the question but not the logic in turning hard earned cash into something that could potentially cause injury because of unreliable quality. You should also know that I am old and came from a time when craftsmanship was not a lost commodity in the English language so bear with me.

skizzums

I had one of the cobra/davisv380s, same as the Denali except all pot-metal instead of plasti I put maybe 200 rounds through it, then it sat in my nightstand for years, maybe 5. I eventually pulled it out again to make sure it still worked, my brother took it to the range for me and when it came back afywr 1 box of ammo, it had a hairline crack all the way down the chamber. Although it was always reliable for the small.amount of time it got shot, I wouldn't recommend one to anybody. That's extremely dangerous on a pistol. But this was back when it was Davis industries and maybe things have gotten better. But at that price, I highly doubt it.

TXAZ

Hi IbMikey
No offense intended, and I'll spill some of the beans.
I was discussing handguns with a couple of colleagues, and extolling the virtues of my Sig X-5 and Beretta M9A1. BAMMMM! I'm told how foolish it was to spend more than $200 on a handgun.

The discussion digressed to what can you get for less than $200 And below, to just how cheap you could get a new, advertised / on website from legit dealer, with federal paperwork pistol, no single shots / derringers. Reliability, safety, warranty, etc not a factor.

The bet is a specific price point I'd rather not disclose right now, still time on the bet (but I think I'm winning right now) and 1 of the guys may have a TFL login.

So I'm incredibly happy with my X-5, and I don't buy cheap guns. If you get to Austin IbMikey, drop me a line and you can shoot my X-5.