Cheapest good cast bullets for 38/357

603Country

i am finally running low on my lead bullet supply, which are hard cast and lubed 165 gr Keith style bullets. What are your recommendations for a similar bullet, though not necessarily the same weight, at best price? Plated would be Ok if the price is similar. They are for general plinking, so I don't need the absolute best quality. The grandkids run through a lot of ammo. Thanks.

Wishoot

So many options out there now it's hard to say who has the cheapest.

I've been enjoying Acme's 158 coated LSWC's lately. Waiting on an order from Eggleston Munitions for 200gr LSWC's (44mag) which were on sale over Christmas.

rclark

There are a bunch of vendors to pick from. I like Rimrock Bullets, others like Missouri, or Penn, or ... The cheapest is going to be the ones with less lead of course, so the 125g SWC/TC bullets. I standardized on 158g SWC myself. And velocities around 1000fps.

Tony Z

Through the years I've had great luck with many different cast bullets, including the Keith style, RN, WC and HBWC. The lighter, the cheaper (both freight and bullet). I also have had great luck casting my own, 148 grain WC and for .30 caliber, round nose (can't remember exact grain, somewhere around 170).

Bucksnort1

Search the web for blue bullets. These are .357",lead bullets covered with blue polymer. The .357 bullets come in round nose and semi-wad cutter. 3,000, 147 grain, round nose for $225 with free shipping and 2,850, 158 grain, semi-wad cutter for $256 with free shipping.

A friend and I ordered 1,000 (500 each) in 9mm, 45 ACP and .357 with free shipping. I have not loaded any at this point.

I dont buy a whole bunch any more. but when i do i usually buy Better Bullets from kings shooter supply. Just google them.
prices are good and they get as many boxes in a flat rate box as will fit.

849ACSO

I've had good luck with the 158 Missouri Bullet Company "Ranger" bullet. At 18BNH I can run them at plinking level or push them pretty hard with no issues.

MarkGlazer

I find that Missouri Bullet Company and Bayou Bullets have the best pricing. I shop hard before I buy, just received my annual shipment from Missouri last week. I like both company owners, very good people.

You can use GunBot.NET to check pricing. Although the site isn't comprehensive in terms of vendors, it's a good basis of comparison.

Good luck.

sawdustdad

Missouri bullet co. has a "bullet bundle" of 3000 bullets with flat rate shipping. I shoot a lot of the "cowboy" (12 BH) hi tek coated bullets. 125 gn RNFP or TCFP. The High Road members get a 5% discount with a code.

Bucksnort1

I have another suggestion for you. There is a company located in northern Colorado by the name of Big Iron Bullets. They specialize in hard cast lead bullets for most of the popular calibers. Recently, a friend bought 500 SWC bullets for his Ruger 460. He is very pleased. I have no connection with Jerry Ewing, the owner of Big Iron, except that I see him at the Tanner Gun show, now and then. They are on the web and easy to find.

Real Gun

If just plinking, I would use Hornady Cowboy (swaged), because I know I can buy them locally, and that modest velocities work well with softer lead. They shoot great in my Taylor's Birdhead. These bullets are sometimes on sale.