cheaperthandirt.com

Redondo

I just received their new catalog. They have a special on .22 Colibri for 10.88 per 500 round brick. If you go to their online catalog they have the same thing for $5.00. That's right 5.00 for 500. They are the primer charged only plinking rounds. I like using them off my deck when the summer folks are on the mtn.. Wouldn't want to scare the tourists ya know!! If you buy a few bricks at 5.00 a pop, even after shipping you are looking at about 60 cents per 50 round box. That's a great deal. Just thought some of you might like to get in on this deal. No I don't work for ctd. I'm ashamed to tell you how many I bought!!! :) Added: Go to ammo, then rimfire, then miscellaneous.

Te Anau

Im shocked that they had em in stock! I went to their website with a list of 11 items I wanted to get and they didnt have 10 of em!

Gewehr98

I spend way too much money there.

My last order was several HKS speedloaders for my S&W Model 696, several boxes of .44 Special defensive ammo, and a thousand rounds of that Aguila Golden Eagle target rimfire. And I'm already putting together another order for some reloading components. Eek! :eek:

Rinspeed

I've never been a big fan of cheaperthandirt only because it seems that they rape you on the shipping charges. Am I wrong on this. On the other hand I was real disappointed when Midway stopped the free shipping. I thought it was a real good marketing tactic on their part and I can't help but wonder if it hurt their business or not.

Jeff

dinosaur

Handgun Only

I just bought 2000 rounds. They're rated at 500 FPS and I've been using the 350 FPS rounds in my Winchester pump with no problems.

alphamaniv

I just got my 2500 rounds in the mail yesterday. I wanted them to dispose of the over abundant blackbirds, but accuracy seems poor out of my revolver. This has always shot 22lr VERY well. I'll keep messing with them though, and I think im going to try them in my rifle. I'll just peep down the boe and make sure its clear between shots.

dinosaur

These rounds aren't as accurate as .22s. If you recover one you should notice the rifling is kind of faint. Since they're low velocity it makes sense. Also since there's no powder the longer the barrel the less velocity because of drag. That may be why they're not recommended in rifles.

I took a 30-35 yd. shot at a rabbit with the 350 fps out of the Winchester. I've hit them at that distance but missed this time. I actually saw the round curve to the right as it went downrange! :eek: I should throw a baseball that good. :D

I tried the same round at a shorter distance from my S&W Model 17. Clean head shot but they make more noise. With the rifle all I hear is the hammer fall and a nice smack if it hits the target.

Can you tell we've got a bumper crop of conies this year? :p

LoneRanger

Just thought I'd throw Cheaper than Dirt a thumbs up. Got a case of buckshot in the mail today, Fedexed very reasonably. Will definately do business with them again.

Lone