Cheaper than Dirt Inquiry

Capt_Vin

I have never ordered anything from CTD, but was planning on placing a rather large order soon. I have heard good things about 'em in the past, but have heard just as many bad things, mostly things like the company sells your personal info to other mail order companies and such. Should I order or stay away?

pony

I've used them over the last 18 months. Never had a problem. Just my experience, but mine was a good one.

darrentxs

This may be overboard but, use a credit card, you'll have easier recourse if needed. Also, save screen prints of the price & pic with item number into a word doc. They can't pull off a switcheroo on the merch that way.

Just hold down the Alt key and press the PRTSC key up high right on the keyboard. Then open a Word doc and press CTRL + V to paste it.

Like I said, maybe overboard but they do have a spotty rep.

Regards,

Darren

sholling

Cheaper Than Dirt has been around a long time. I find them reasonably honest and they have always shipped promptly. Their customer service agents are very good as well. There are a couple of gotchas and the big one is shipping. They have a reputation for piling on the shipping and handling fees. They are up front about it at check out, but just double check best pricing after you see their shipping charges. They also have a tendency to slip in a membership in their buyer's club. They did it to me and I was a paid member before I realized it. But in my case it's paid off and then some. It saved me $6 today on a set of rings. Anyway as long as you keep your eye on those two things you'll be fine.

I do most of my shooting supply shopping at MidwayUSA and I've been very pleased with their service and their prices. Their site is much easier to navigate and they have all kinds of product guides. And their customers leave feedback on their products. Customer service is outstanding.

For ammo I buy almost exclusively from Ammunition To Go. Midway and CTD can't come close.

homefires

CTD

I have ordered things from them from time to time. All was a good experience except one time. The item was on back order and it took a month for them to figure out it wasn't going to come in and send me a check. I was good with it. :D

pesta2

Just order something a couple weeks ago. They shipped the item the same day I ordered. I picked the cheapest shipping so it took over a week to come. No problem with them at all.

Jermtheory

i find they are rarely all that cheap,i can usually find better deals on the same items.

they often times dont send the product they're advertising....although,sometimes its actually slightly better than whats advertised.

i rarely order with them any more.

Smokey Joe

Your Results May Vary...

Boy! Just reading thru the previous posts tells me that ordering from CDT is kinda a crapshoot. They do seem able to dig up "stuff" that nobody else has for sale.

My experience has been just fine; ordered product from them that either was advertised @ the cheapest price by them, or nobody else advertised what I wanted @ the time.

Wasn't screwed on the items shipped; wasn't screwed on shipping; wasn't screwed on joining their buyers' club. Haven't been inundated with junk mail nor spam due to others' use of my data from CTD. Exactly what I ordered has been sent promptly every time.

Capt. Vin--I'd make a small rather than a large order at first--see how they treat you on that before giving them major bucks. Anyhow, good luck with CTD.

Last edited:
Ive never had any trouble with them. Their Fort Worth location just got robbed last week or so. Idiots were on camera trying to pull the assault rifles off the wall. They were cabled to the wall. They made off with some handguns I think.