Cheap Surplus Ammo?

arizona98tj

Wasper,

On the first page of their web site. They can't give you much more info than that without them driving you to the store. ;)

IF YOU ARE LOCAL we have a gun shop right here in Lakewood, WA (just south of Tacoma).

We are located at:
12729 Pacific Hwy. SW
Lakewood, WA 98499

Take exit 124 off of I-5 then head north on Pacific Hwy. We are on the right just behind Tactical Tailor. Store hours are Tue.-Sat. from 10am to 6pm.

The STORE PHONE is 253-722-1966.
FAX: 253-722-1967
Store Email: andy@surplusammoandarms.com

Wasper

LOL...sorry about that. Guess the simplistic page design threw me off not to mention I'm having one of those "brain fart days." My apologies ! :confused:

Coyote WT

My wife and I spent close the $300 on 9mm, .38 and 7.62x54 ammo there last weekend. They have a great supply of guns, ammo and gear at decent prices. They're right off of the combined Army/Air Force base and we saw a lot of military personal in line for guns and ammo. Not only legit but I have no problem recommending them.

christcorp

The only problem I have with surplusammo, is that they don't carry the ammo I want. I like spending $3.80-$4.80 per box of .223/5.56 ammo. I like buying steel case russian ammo at $190-$220 per case of 1000 rounds. surplusammo doesn't have those good prices for ammo. Their cheapest is about $6 a box. Some of their target pistol ammo is a decent price; but it's not really better than all other places. I can get the same prices at about 10 other online stores.

Bottom line: If I lived near them, I'd probably check them out. Ordering online; they aren't all that. Not really that cheap. Not cheaper than other places.

waymore

I'm also looking to buy some ammo online and was wondering what a good website is to purchase from. sportsmansguide.com looks like it has some decent pricing, has anyone ever used them?

Wishoot

I recently purchased a bunch of surplus Yugo 7.62x39 from The Armory. Price was right and shipping was very reasonable.

AWick20

Im pretty sure when you check out they give you an option of signing or just having it left at the door..at least where I bought from online I got to choose...I went with just leaving it at the door

Wishoot

wow thanks NWpilgrim, ammoengine is great. I love how they break down price per round.

Ammoengine is nice, but by no means does it represent the best pricing on the internet.

You'll often find better prices by poking around a little more.

christcorp

S/H can sneak up on you with some vendors. As to where's a good place to buy ammo; that depends on the ammo you want. if you're like me and shoot 90%+ steel case ammo through my AR's and Saigas, then Sportsman's Guide is definitely good if you are a member and have some discount coupons. I just bought 500 rounds of Wolf ammo delivered yesterday by UPS. "No, I didn't sign for it". I had some $15 off coupons and some free S/H left over. It cost me about $4.50 per box. I could have gotten some for a little less money, but I paid extra because this was 500 rounds sealed in a Spam Can. "I keep 1 spam can of ammo per rifle/caliber. Just in case".

For those who don't mind the russian steel case ammo, but they prefer some NON-polymer or lacquer coating; e.g. Silver Bear; the best place to buy it, is at weaponsworld.com . They have MFS 62 grain SOFT POINT .223 ammo for $229 for 1000 rounds, and FLAT RATE SHIPPING ON AMMO OF $9.95. Basically; $240 for 1000 rounds. That's $4.80 per box or $0.24 per rounds.... SHIPPED! Now that's a LITTLE more than some of the others, but with shipping it's a great deal. PLUS!!! You're never going to find Zinc Plated steel case, (No polymer or lacquer), or SOFT POINT, for that price. I use 62 grain Soft Point ammo for my ALL-AROUND AMMO. Cheap enough for plinking..... Soft Point is EXCELLENT for coyotes, varmints, prairie dogs, etc....... And Soft Point makes for a great HOME DEFENSE round. Plus for those of you who live in an area that lets you hunt deer with a .223, "Our deer are too big for such a small round", the 62 grain soft point is PERFECT for that too. It expands nicely.