Cheap .308 sporter

P99AS9

I'm really thinking about getting my first .308 for sporting use. I don't want an AK style or Saiga but I'm thinking about a few:

1. FN FAL

2. HK 91

3. AR in .308

The thing is, I don't want to spend alot of money on one, so could someone answer my questions: What is the cheapest FAL clone I could find? What is the cheapest HK/CETME clone I could find? What is the cheapest AR availible in 7.62x51? Thanks.

coolhandluke4

I know it's WAYYY off topic, but my local gun shop has a mauser action, shilen barreled, timney trigger bolt action 308 for $529 Sorry if I'm jacking your thread or pm me if interested. He had two almost exactly the same and I bought one, (it had the shilen bull barrel), and it'll do 3" groups at 300 yards, and 1 1/4" groups (10 shot groups) at 100 yards.

lipadj46

The only real cheap .308 semi auto is the Saiga so if you don't want that the next cheapest is the PTR91 at around $1100. Not exactly cheap. Why don't you want a Saiga they are great for the money. Way more reliable then say a Century FAL if you can find one even at a decent price.

MacGille

All of the rifles you listed will sell for twice the price of almost any factory bolt action rifle. Except the really expensive ones like the Cooper.

coolhandluke4

Hey, I have a HK 91 clone for sale that you might be interested in. I just bumped it to the top of the Rifles for sale/trade section, if you want to take a look. I put 20 rounds through it and it shoots fine. pm me here or better e-mail me at coolhandluke4@juno.com