charter warranty?

old fart

i recently returned a charter revolver back because the frame cracked under the forcing cone and the cylinder star broke and stuck in my fore head. i'm ok the dr. said i may have a slight concussion, i was wondering will they repair or replace my gun?, this is the first time i've ever had to send a gun in. also i was using blazer 158 grain alluminum ammo. thanks

franco45

They will fix or repair it. They have excellent CS. I sent in a first generation Undercover that I bought used at a gun show and they fixed the miner problem i was having with the ejector rod free.

old fart

UPDATE: i received a brand new charter mag pug today, charter replaced the whole gun. i sent it in the 13th and got a new one today, excellent service i will say charter has shown me that they stand behind their products.:)

jimjc

See 2 good things happened, you received a new gun and you didn`t blow your head off, how good is that. Jim

PetahW

FWIW, Charter replaced my single-cylinder, .22 Mag 4" Target Pathfinder 2 years ago, under warranty, after earlier "repairing" the first one I bought.

As an apology, Charter's Prexy was kind enough to make my replacement the prototype (complete with a special SN) of their "soon-to-be-introduced" Dual Cylinder model, with both a LR & Mag cylinder.
(That Christmas, the Dual Cylinder was catalogued)

Although the warranty process was bothersome, the outcome was outstanding -

The Charter Prexy personally told me (he answers the phone there at times) that his goal is to make his company the best in the US for service and quality of products, at a decent price.
I KNOW he's there, on service - and the prices are right ( I've since bought a .44 BullDog)............. :)

old fart

RICKE:By chance were you using plus P loads?

THEY WERE BLAZER ALLUMINUM 357 MAGNUM 158 GRAIN HOLLOW POINTS.

Mark W.

I carry a Charter Arms Bull Dog Pug and I think my next wheel gun will be there Undercover in 357mag or 38 +P Blued rubber grip

SwampYankee

So, do you think the ammo was a problem or the gun? If I thought it was the gun (which knowing Charter, I might), I'd be pretty hesitant to shoot any new handgun they sent me. CS is great, but when you're being mugged/assaulted/robbed/threatened with death and your handgun fails, there isn't much customer service will be able to do for you. Maybe they can send flowers to your widow?

8shot357

Maybe they can send flowers to your widow?
:eek:

LOL, that's funny (or not!), my "buddy" just bought a Taurus 605 3" and now carries it without even test firing it even once.

I hope Taurus can send his long lost relatives flowers too.

BTW, he lives in a bad neighborhood.:(

Newton24b

just how did the gun break, the way you describe the failure, the frame would have to have cracked and allowed the barerl and topstrap to rotate180 degrees in order for the cylinder star to hit you in the forehead.

otherwise the star would have had to either have
1. shoved its way through the entire revolver, and then hit you in the head
2. cylinder released from frame upon frame failure, and star seperated from gun allowing it to hit you with sufficient force for a slight cuncussion.

have any pics?

EdInk

Please explain the failure better. It sounds like it exploded in your hand and launched the ejector into your face.

Shadi Khalil

just how did the gun break, the way you describe the failure, the frame would have to have cracked and allowed the barrel and top strap to rotate degrees in order for the cylinder star to hit you in the forehead.

otherwise the star would have had to either have
1. shoved its way through the entire revolver, and then hit you in the head
2. cylinder released from frame upon frame failure, and star separated from gun allowing it to hit you with sufficient force for a slight concussion.

have any pics?

I agree. A better explanation is need here or some pics.