Charter Pathfinder Problem

claydoctor

A friend has one of these. It has a six inch barrel and adjustable sights. The problem is that we are unable to elevate the rear sight. Turning the elevation screw counter clockwise is supposed to raise the rear sight. The sight will loosen so that it can be moved higher with your finger but it will not stay elevated. I'm wondering if a part is missing such as a spring or something, that would keep the sight elevated. Anyone familiar with the problem?

TruthTellers

It could be that the rear sight is as raised as it can go. Is the screw still engaged with the threads in the frame? If it is, you can put a shim under the sight and tighten the screw down to hold the shim in place and have the proper elevation.

If not, you can file the front sight down. That seems to be a common need with Charters.

Wheelie_Fan

Give Charter Arms a call them and ask for assistance. I have a couple of C.A. revolvers that i really enjoy. Had an issue with my Pathfinder (the .22 LR) key-holing with all types of ammo.

Dropped it off, since I work down the road, and it was repaired in a couple of days. Problem solved, never an issue since. Nick and his crew were excellent to deal with, gave me a quick tour, very pleasant folks. Most of their staff have been with them for many years.

During the tour, we walked past the cabinet that held guns in for repair and there weren't many. I'd say MAYBE 8-10 revolvers in for repair, tops... I'm sure they'll help solve your issue. Good luck.

JERRYS.

Give Charter Arms a call them and ask for assistance. I have a couple of C.A. revolvers that i really enjoy. Had an issue with my Pathfinder (the .22 LR) key-holing with all types of ammo.

Dropped it off, since I work down the road, and it was repaired in a couple of days. Problem solved, never an issue since. Nick and his crew were excellent to deal with, gave me a quick tour, very pleasant folks. Most of their staff have been with them for many years.

During the tour, we walked past the cabinet that held guns in for repair and there weren't many. I'd say MAYBE 8-10 revolvers in for repair, tops... I'm sure they'll help solve your issue. Good luck.
what did they fix so that your revolver shot properly?

Wheelie_Fan

I knew someone was going to ask .... the fix was several years ago and I didn't recall what had been done when i posted, so i left it out... but checked my notes when I got home...

When dropping off, I figured there was an issue with the barrel. They'd they'd swap out with new one, and that would be the fix.

When I picked it up, they indicated it was not the barrel. CA said the repair had to do with the crane and cylinder fit/alignment to the barrel. I didn't notice it shaving/spitting lead when fired, so i hadn't even considered that as an issue.

I don't recall if they replaced with a new crane or made adjustment to the existing, and it's not in my notes.

Either way, the little .22 has been excellent since. No keyholing and accuracy has been great with any ammo used.

Xue88

Pathfinder Rear Sight

I would really like to know how this turned out. My .22WMR hits about a foot or more low. I think the plate it is mounted on is supposed to be the "spring". I bent it up slightly AND filed off the front blade. But, the adjustment is bent up so high the special screw with the "ribs" under the flat head (for retention) is now WAY too short. Can't tell for sure, I was using a boresight to recheck it at home. I'll find out more at the range this weekend. I messaged Charter but no response yet. I know this is an old thread, but it provided no resolution. At least I'm not alone :D

Xue88

" A PM to claydoctor would do that much quicker." I'm sure you're correct, T O.

However, that would not re-up the question, in which I'm quite sure that I am not alone. Being that this is a forum, it's just possible that another interested member might also want to constructively respond. Fair enough?