Charter Arms Pathfinder, old one

Deaf Smith

Found one at a pawn shop.

Made in Stratford. Blue, exposed ejector rod, excellent condition, 3 inch barrel, adjustable sights, .22 lr.

Locks tight on all chambers.

$225.

Does it sound like a good deal?

Deaf

Crazy88Fingers

$225 for a functioning revolver? Yeah, sounds good to me. ;)

I think you can buy a new one for about $350. I just got one a couple of months ago and enjoy it.

Theophilus

Yessir that sounds OK... that's about what everyone wants where I live for the old Stratford & Bridgeport .44's (and about what I paid for mine). And those .22's are much harder to find.

Deaf Smith

Tax include it was 228.99. Yep 229 bucks.

Just cleaned it up and I can't find a flaw.

Will know tomorrow when a mossy by the indoor range for a test fire.

Deaf

PetahW

You did well - Three years ago, I willing paid $300 for a pristine sample like yours, mostly because I hadn't even heard of one F/S locally before, but chambered in .22 Magnum.

It's my Trail & "coup de' gras" gun.

DSCN0755.jpg

Deaf Smith

Dang.. .22 magnum. Yea I would have liked that!

Mine looks like yours. Straw colored frame and blue barrel and cylinder what case hardened hammer.

Well shot it today. Dead on at 7 yards. Shot fine with 'vipers' as well as Winchester HPs. No complaints at all. And the sights are set right in the middle (not jacked to one side) thus the barrel and frame are strait and true.

I took my 'target' CH grips off my stainless Undercover (also made in Stratford) and put them on the Pathfinder. The dinky grips (but well made and good looking) I put on the Under Cover.

All is well!

Yes this gun will get alot of use while my S&W stainless kitgun will retire to the safe (it's an old 2 inch snub .22, chrome hammer and trigger) and I've used it for years.

Deaf

Deaf Smith

Just found out my Colt DS 3 inch Safariland holster fits the Pathfinder very well. It's Safarilands #16 (and old holster I had in my holster drawer... you know where dozens of holsters end up in.)

attachment.php

Well worth it!

And yes those are the target grips I sanded down to be thinner so they fit my hand real well.

Deaf

Last edited: