Charter arms off duty ???

8shot357

aluminum and steel, 5 shots .38 Special with a 2” barrel weighs 12 oz, for CCW.

What else do you want to know?

raftman

Kinda interested myself, looking at one that's selling here local and the price seems good... appears to be an older one as it looks quite a bit more old school than the Off Duty .38 special advertised on Charter's website in the present.

Dan-O

I like mine. I like it even better after I had the front sight milled off and replaced with a Standard Dot XS Tritium sight:

100_0968.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0974.jpg

To the OP, I lived in Guatemala back in the day. Did a 4 year stint there.

armoredman

I had an Off Duty in 1984. Good snubby. Don't know a thing about the ones nowadays, since the company has changed so many times.

GuateShooter

I was a pistol shooter all my life, a few month a go I start shot a .22 Lr revolver and I like it, this toy realy ring my bell, I think Im going to buy it, thanks everyone!!

franco45

I don't own an Off Duty but I can vouch for the Undercover in 38 special and the Mag Pug in 357 magnum. Both have been good to me so far. Both were manufactured in 2010.

dallascj

I don't have the .38, but I do have 2 Bulldogs in .44 Special that are new manufacture. They are excellent guns and I can highly recommend the new Charter Arms firearms. The .38's are offered in either aluminum frame or stainless steel. Also, for the Bulldogs at least, even the 'blued' guns are made of stainless steel. The bluing is a black topcoat applied to the stainless.

graysmoke

I own a Charter Arms Undercover .38spl Hammerless w/Flush hammer design.

Very reliable shooter. The size and lightweight alloy frame makes it easy to carry concealed.

I keep it loaded with Hornady JHP Self Defence loads. (ideal bullet and caliber).

The price on a nice preowned are usually under $250.....Awesome!!

It's made in USA

PetahW

IMHO, the biggest "pro" I can tell you about is the Charter Arms President, Nick Ecker, and his company's warranty.

I own 3 Charter revolvers, had probs with one.

After several same waranty issues with the same revolver, Nick personally appologized to me for my inconvenience (he was personally answering the customer service lines one Saturday), said he was embarrased for his company, and replaced the entire revolver (with a little something extra thrown in for my trouble - a special SN).
He further told me that regardless of the shortcomings of human workers, and their fallabilities, he was working towards making his company the best in the business.

He's been as good as his word.

8shot357

I was a pistol shooter all my life, a few month a go I start shot a .22 Lr revolver and I like it, this toy realy ring my bell, I think Im going to buy it, thanks everyone!!

I think your good to go, coming from somebody that buys high end (Not arrogant) guns.