Charter 2000 Firearms. Have One?

Sir William

They have a shaky history. The last I heard they were out of business, again. I suggest something else from a major named manufacturer.

Longbowshooter

I have heard good and bad things about them. I would check out the specific unit and make a call then. I was looking at a used .44 spl a couple weeks ago and it had some cylinder binding so I didn't buy it, but I wouldn't have a problem relying on one if I found a good example. In the same price range are Rossi revolvers now made by Taurus which you may also want to consider.

Webleymkv

As mentioned before, a rossi would probably be a better option as they have a less shaky history than Charter 2000. The Old Charter Arms, the .44spl Bulldog in particular, seemed to have a better reputation. If you can find a used Astra, that would also be another good option.

omegapd

To answer your question:

No, it's not the old Charter Arms. The old CA had nothing else with the name. When they went bankrupt, Charco bought the name and that will be listed on the gun somewhere. They went out and Charter 2000 bought them so in essence yours is the newest company to own the name. William is sort of right that they have filed now too, but plan on staying in business. Somebody posted here awhile back that a merger with the makers of Hi-Point (MKS?) is possible. Hope this helps. I'm looking for an old CA with 4 inch barrel right now...

jeff_troop

i have a .38 spl undercover model. a friend has the .44 spl. both guns work fine with no issues. they are the new models. mine was built in 2002.

Pointer

Jeff

I carried the Charter Police Bulldog .44 Special for 35 years...

Works for me! :D ;)

Last edited:

FLA2760

Re Charter 200 revolvers

Hi Everyone
Thank you for your replys. I am getting the Taurus DAO .38 stainless steel. This will be the glovebox gun for wife's car. Thanks again.

garry owen

I have a Charter 2000 44 bulldog. Goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. It rides in my glovebox loaded with 200gr. Winchester Silvertips.

LH2

Thank you for your replys. I am getting the Taurus DAO .38 stainless steel. This will be the glovebox gun for wife's car.

Probably the right choice, I think the new Charter is just too much of a mystery, and Taurus is going to be solid. I like the Taurus snubs I've handled.

In Charter's defense, I had a .44 Bulldog Pug (2" with bobbed hammer) I bought new in '88 that was a nice gun, wish I'd kept it.

jeff_troop

i've got a taurus dao hammerless snubby in 38 spl. it is a good gun as well. i use it for carry also. usually keep the charter arms next to my recliner.
keep my tec-9 under the truck seat with my colt 1911 in the glove box.

Pointer

I've heard somewhere that Charter has been bought out by a strong company (I can't remember which company.) and will soon be back... again! :)

Does anybody know what company and perhaps more information???