Charles Daly stainless steel single actions

Sir William

I have been surprised! KBI Imports a Pietta manufactured, made in Italy 45 Long Colt and 357 Magnum/38 Special stainless single action. I will have more in the near future as to quality and fit/function. http:/www.charlesdaly.com/html/products/firearms/revolvers/1873/large/Stainless_...

Last edited:

DPris

Member Emeritus
The ones I saw at the SHOT Show looked very well done.
Mike Beliveau tested one & tells me he likes it.
If the insides are hard enough & hold up, should be worth a try.
Denis

yorec

Nice, from the right side view anyway... What's the left side look like - is that where they brand the half inch hich "Charles Daly" letter that I so hate to mar the perfect finish of a gun? (Not that I have any problem with CD - Just the size of the lettering they've made so many of thier guns wear. A cowboy action pistol is supposed to be a repro and excess sized lettering takes away from that...)

So, sigh, does anyone have a left side view of these guns? If they've done it tastefully there too - I'll also be interested! Outside that one fear, these look like nice six shooters...

Sir William

OK. Thanks Ramcharger for that picture. I only put 50 rounds through one. The action is 4 click a la Colt. Light and smooth is the only way to desribe the factory action. With my informal shooting, the revolver is accurate to POA/POI. The trigger breaks clean and shows no grit or hesitation. Every round ignited the first time, no light primer strikes. I don't care much for the CD brand on the grips but, aftermarket grips are available. I couldn't find any negatives with the 5 and 1/2" barrel model. Good balance, accurate, smooth action and traditional single action format. A nice CAS revolver. Pietta has vastly improved their quality and Charles Daly has a winner. At $659.00 MSRP, I suspect we should see these stainless models at $525.00 and blued models at $400.00. YMMV I like them. I am still going to wring one of these and a Taurus Gaucho out before I buy three of them. I need two for CAS use and one for a spare.

yorec

Ah - thanks Ramcharger! That looks fine to me too...

Dang, now i'm gonna have to start hunting for a deal on one. :cool:

Bullrock

I am still going to wring one of these and a Taurus Gaucho out before I buy three of them. I need two for CAS use and one for a spare.
I'll be waiting for the Sir William report on the Gaucho & the Charles Daly... :confused:

Sir William

One problem is finding stocking dealers. Daly is not kind to all FFLs and their distributors usually only order what they think will sell. IOWs, they aren't as easy to obtain as Ubertis. I have even had a dealer knock $300.00 off of the price of three Ubertis instead of even trying to find the Charles Daly single actions. I am still intent on wringing out the Charles Daly and the Gaucho. I will possibly be looking at the Beretta Stampede again. The Stampede didn't work well the first time out. Beretta has improved their quality control though.

Bullrock

will possibly be looking at the Beretta Stampede again. The Stampede didn't work well the first time out. Beretta has improved their quality control though.
I hope so Sir Will...I'm picking up a new Stampede today... :D