Charles Daly DAA?

BrokenArrow

So whats' the buzz on these?

Not the CD 1911s made in the PI, the polymer framed CZ75 knock-off made in Israel.

Looked at one and it looked pretty good as far as design and quality of materials and workmanship. Basically a CZ75 w polymer frame. Same company makes the Bul 5 1911s.

So?

Rob96

Gun Tests magazine didn't like it. They stated wieght difference between the slide and frame affected reliabilty, made it prone to limp wristing. They must have weak wrists, besides, I find their reports to be inconsistent. According to other gun rags it was a completely reliable and accurate pistol. The smaller one has caught my eye. If you need anymore info B.A. I'll dig the magazines up and give you more detail.

BrokenArrow

Kinda like all those limp-wristed Ohio state troopers and the Glocks/USPs they tested? Some folks just aren't tough enough for polymer? ;)

Thanks. I seem to remember Gun Tests giving a thumbs down to the P229 yrs ago (excellent gun) and saying they thought the 115/9mm CorBon +P JHP would be good for bear!

The Israeli military seems to prefer the Glock/SIG to their own home grown pistols? I know the local security forces use their own stuff, but some told me they thought that was a bone thrown for political reasons?

Can't see em turning out bad product; looks like a good deal if it works. Maybe I'll let _you_ know?

Waiting anxiously for the HS2K in 40 too!

Rob96

That was the only problem cited by Gun Tests. So i don't see that it would be a problem for everybody. These are the same people who tested the CZ100 in 9mm and 40S&W. They state the 9mm version is no good, but the 40 version is a best buy. The Charles Daly DDA does look like a good platform though.