charles daly 500 12ga 2-3/4 to 3" mag.

eastbank

I have a imported Charles daly 500 in 12 ga 2-3/4" that I would like to lenthen the chambers to 3" mag. it was made by miroku in japan and looks just like my miroku made browning double barrel 3", would it be safe to have it done?

Virginian

Check first to make sure the chambers aren't already 3". It is not at all uncommon. If you do not know how to do it correctly, pay a real gunsmith to check. I would carefully check the external barrel dimensions against a 3" chambered model, and if they are close, as within thousandths, I would do it if I wanted to. You will probably get some scaredy cat advice against this, but I am a retired gunsmith and lengthened many chambers with no ill effects through the years.
Charles Daly had relabelled guns from a variety of manufacturers over the years, and the Mirokus were some of the best.

eastbank

I would like to use it for spring turkey season, where shots can come from 45-50 yards down to 10-15 yards. I will have the right modified barrel opened up to imp cyl if the 3" rechambeing can be safely done.

jaguarxk120

SAMMI lists the max. operating pressures the same for 2 3/4 and 3 inch
shells. the only concern is barrel wall thickness over the area at
the end of the three inch chamber.