Charles Daly .45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiac

I read an ad for a Charles daly .45.
It showes a .45 that is dressed in all the popular trick parts and looks in the photo (a lot of good that is) to be pretty good.
The advertised price was under 450.
Any one know anything about these?
I dislike both the extended slide release and the front end serations - but for 450 heck, thats not bad - If the gun is worth while. How does it compair to the others price aside?

Steve Koski

Kodiac, Haven't seen the add, but sounds too good to be true. It probably need another $250 put into it to make it reliable. Besides, we're plastic gun kind of guys.

Kodiac

I know Steve, I know... But I would like to have a John Browning piece in my vault.
And I bet if it really got under my skin, I could get a polymer frame for it...
smile.gif

Rob Pincus

I saw one today for under $400. I can check it out more thoroughly tomorrow and let you know what I think. I was too busy today bitching about my Blaser being late and showing off the RT Glocks

fal308

Staff Alumnus
They just sold one at the indoor range I belong to. They had it in the case for about two weeks. Seemed to be fairly nice. Not much in the way of machine marks, well fitted slide-just a hint of loosenes which is good in a 1911 pattern, fairly decent blueing though it didn't look too deep. We were all sitting around trying to figure if it was made in South America or Asia.
P.S. Couldn't shoot it as it was NIB.

GLV

First, you should be able to buy one for about $300, second, they are made in the PI, last, I have a couple of friends playing with them, and I shot one -- seem real good for the money. We will know better when someone gets several thousand rounds thru one. GLV

Status
Not open for further replies.