change of heart - liking my M&P 9mm.

pilpens

Change of heart - I am starting to like my S&W M&P Full Size 9mm.
This is my 2nd try with an M&P. First was when they first came out - sold the fisrt one soon after I got it because of the terrible trigger. I got this one a couple of years ago - it has the new barrel and ambi thumb safety - It has an Apex sear, and Apex safety block to help with the trigger pull.
Starting 3 months ago, I have developed some form of tendonitis on my right wrist/thumb from carrying a baby (Doctor said, it will heal on its own as the baby gets older).
For past 7-8 range trips, I have been shooting handgun with left hand only. I shot my favorites (1911, glock 34, etc) at first which are mostly right handed guns. Racking the slide without using my right was difficult. Accuracy was way off compared to my right hand. So, the last 2 range trips, I shot my S&W M&P. Because I did not like the M&P much, I was not afraid to get it scratch. I played with it at the range: I racked the slide using the rear sight/bench top to chamber a round, etc. Well, I think this M&P is growing on me. I am liking it more everytime I shoot it.
So, I will give this M&P another run.

Prior to my injury, this pistol was on the chopping block behind my Walther P99 DA/SA.

Targa

I carry a full size M&P 40 at work and no real complaints especially my newest one which seems to have a much crisper trigger pull and reset than my previous one. IMO where the M&P's really shine for me is in the compact version. If I didn't have a Glock 26 already that is what I would have. I actually like the M&P a bit better than the Glock just not enough to make the trade.

southjk

At the range I often alternate shooting my M&P Pro 9mm and my SIG 226 9mm. I want to like the SIG better and I do like the crisp reset better but I actually shoot better with the M&P. Great gun.

jetinteriorguy

I picked up an M&P turn in a few weeks ago and finally got to shoot it yesterday. Really liking this gun, even though it's a factory trigger it's actually not bad. I'm going to need more range time to decide if I'll invest in the Apex, hopefully I can find one with the kit in it to try. But for now I don't see a reason to change it. From everything I've heard I think I got lucky and got one with a pretty decent trigger. The shop I bought it from offered just the trigger upgrade but when the Smith checked my trigger he said leave it alone for now, it was pretty decent just the way it is.