Cerakote

Excoastie

Has anyone had any weapons cerakoted?

I've been doing a bit of research, both here and elsewhere. It seems that some manufacturers are using Cerakote from the factory, etc.

Is it all that? Is it a viable way to perform a color change on a plastic frame semi?

I have finally gotten my wife slightly interested in shooting, but she wants a purple gun if I can convince her to get her own. She was initially interested in the Sig Mosquito, as a friend's wife has one and loves it; she claims to have over a thousand rounds through it without a single issue (I think she is one of the few to make this claim). My wife has said she wants to try to the Mosquito, but the purple is no longer available, and honestly, I think we could find a better weapon, but would probably have to "convert" it to purple.

Currently, she is only shooting my M&P .22 Compact. I like it, she is not so enthused about it, as she cannot easily release the slide. I don't know that the Sig would be any better in this regard, but I suspect a trip to the range will be enlightening. I am picking up a borrowed Mosquito on Sunday afternoon, so we should know soon how it feels.

Not sure what gun will end up buying for her, may be the Mosquito, may be something else, we haven't yet reached the point where I bring her to the gun stores to see what feels best in her hand.

Exco

tallball

Charter Arms has revolvers in different colors, including lavender, and they sell 22 revolvers. My wife has a 32 magnum Charter Arms that's pink.

Excoastie

Charter Arms has revolvers in different colors, including lavender, and they sell 22 revolvers. My wife has a 32 magnum Charter Arms that's pink.

She wants to stay with a semi. She has some experience with revolvers from a marksmanship class she took in college, she says she feels more comfortable with a semi.

for what it's worth, I also prefer the semi

Exco

T. O'Heir

"...viable way to perform a color change..." As long as the guy doing it knows what he's doing. Cerakote's site has list of trained appliers.
"...she is not so enthused about it..." Her gun. Doesn't matter if you like it or not.
The Sig Mosquito was discontinued in 2013. She might be able to find a used one, but it'd be far better(mostly for you) to take her shopping. There are quite as few used Mosquito's on Gunbroker at a bit under $300.