Cera Coat removal?

Robk

Can you remove professionally applied Cera Coat from a firearm without hurting it? To be specific, a stainless steel Sig? So not a super smooth surface as they are more in the way of natural stainless. Any help appreciated.

ClydeFrog

Swansonarmory.com, gunsmithing....

I'm sure if Duracoat is the same as CeraKote but on the website; www.swansonarmory.com it says Duracoat is extremely hard to remove from a firearm once its treated.

You might ask a qualified gunsmith if it can be done.
I'd doubt it but some shops can do custom work & re apply .

CF

Robk

Thanks for the replies. I kinda feel that some sort of sand blasting is the way to go. Think I may just inquire how much it would cost to remove from the one or two companies that I know SIG owners like to use for such things. Again thanks for the help.

Robk

Just an update. Email a companty that does this type of refinishing. Promptly received an answer back says that it can not be removed without damaging the underlying finish. But as I think about it, My Sig is a natural stainless finish. Just what you would get with media blasting. I have access to a media blaster, have done aluminum in it with out an issue. Stainless steel is stronger than aluminum, right??? :rolleyes:

P.S. But this does give me an excuse to NP3 it....;)