Century FAL's

sevensixtytwo

It's pretty much the luck of the draw with century. You can find some nice rifles and some not so nice ones. If you can inspect before you buy then I'd look into it.

KChen986

I'd say make sure, or be sure that Buds guarantees that it will function well before buying it. I was 1 for 3 w/ my Century AK.

HorseSoldier

I have one that runs well. Lots of people have not had the same experience I've had with them, though. Definitely a case of buyer beware when dealing with Century, especially with their FALs and CETMEs.

Willie D

Century built some on Imbel receivers which are considered top-notch and built some on their own cast receivers which are not well regarded.

Nearly all FALs in the US are "parts guns" to some extent, so as long as century headspaced their rifles correctly, there isn't a lot of other stuff to screw up.

Davis

Nearly all FAL's, CETME's, and M14's are parts guns. That is a good thing, because some of the best parts are GI parts. The Century FAL L1a1 sporters built on Brazilian or Argentine receivers can be great shooters, especially those built with British parts. Rumor has it the current batch of receivers is pretty good. My Hesse-receiver FAL was actually pretty good but had poor resale value.

Davis