Century Centurion 39 USA Made Milled AK Variant Review

Mrgunsngear

IaqCcCnl.jpg

IIO1Vnol.jpg

sR8XbxBl.jpg

Pros:
-Barrel is chrome lined. It's 4140 steel and 1 in 10'' twist as well.
-Laminate wood looks great
-Magwell has very little wobble with a wide variety of mags
-Made in the USA
-Reliable. 1 malfunction in a little over 800 rounds (was the 2nd round fired, after that smooth sailing since)
-Accuracy is good for an AK. With irons on a bench I was able to get ~3'' groups consistently with brass cased RAS. Steel was around 4''
-Very nice finish sans one part (safety)
-Price. These are going for $550 at several sites currently

Cons:
-2 tang stock limits options for stocks
-I personally prefer the original sights (more on this in the video) but some may consider these a pro
-Finish on the safety doesn't match rest of rifle.
-No side rail
-It's not a CHF com-bloc built rifle. But, it's not priced like one either

For a lot more details and some shooting thrown in here's the complete video review:

HD VIDEO REVIEW LINK

HankC1

Exactly what are the US made parts in this USA Made AK? Bolt and carrier are US made? Interchangeability with other AKs?

Last edited:

Mrgunsngear

Exactly what are the US made parts in this USA Made AK? Bolt and carrier are US made? Interchangeability with other AKs?

Yes. However, keep in mind the carrier is a different weight so the spring weight may need to be adjusted for each. Likely the gas port takes this into account as well (I don't know this; just thinking aloud here...).

wolfe 21

So, on the whole, would this be a good entry point for the AK platform or would you advise sticking with the imported AKs?
I like the budget pricing and it's nice to find anything made in USA right now..

Mrgunsngear

Yes but it depends what you value. Combloc AKs have a long and proven track record. This one doesn't (yet). One day it may though.

kdstang

Nice to see an import-ban-proof AK built here and at a price well below the milled competition. The more options the better.