Century Arms SAR1 Customer Service

Redlg155

Fellow Shooters,

I purchased a Romanian SAR1 7.62x39 AK imported by Century Arms a few weeks ago and had a problem with the weapon double tapping on the first range session. I did a basic function check and narrowed it down to a fault trigger pack (Hammer/ Trigger/Disconnector). Not wanting to return the weapon, although I could have free of charge to Century for repair, I decided to give their customer service department a call to see if I could just get the parts.

Much to my surprise their customer service department had no problems when I requested that they send me a new hammer, trigger and disconnector to fix the problem. All that was required was my serial #. Shipping to me took a bit over a week. 4 days for Century/4 days for UPS. After replacing the trigger and disconector I found that everything worked perfectly. The good thing is that my hammer was ok so now I have an extra hammer for parts. Needless to say I'm a happy camper.

On another note, I also purchased a shepherds hook spring replacement from Red Star Arms. This replaces the retaining wire with one solid plate with grooves for the hammer and trigger pins. It's amazing how replacing one small part makes disassembly so much easier. 5 seconds to install at the most. I highly recommend this part!

As for the SAR1, other than double tapping problems in the initial range session, she works perfectly. For an AK she looks pretty good and has no problem with canted blocks/front sights. Accuracy was very acceptable. This one is definitely a keeper.

I don't know if you guys have had any dealings with Century Arms customer service, but my experience was a positive one.

Good SHooting
RED

MAKOwner

That problem is almost always the disconnector that is at fault. If you file the very bottom front side of the disconnector (where when tilting forward it would touch the bottom of the trigger, NOT anything to do with the hook that grabs the hammer) you can get it to fit/work correctly. So hang on to the parts, they could be used for spares if you need them in the future with just a little filing on that disconnector.

My 2002 SAR2 had the same problem. You can also remove any trigger slap you might be encountering by doing this at the same time: http://blackrifle.gunsnet.net/triggerslap.htm

Redlg155

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I trashed the old trigger and sear. Oh well. The new parts should last for some time before I have any problems.

Good Shooting
RED

Redlg155

Now I wouldn't do that!:D

Hopefully by the next time we get together to shoot I'll have my 9mm AR back that I sent to Kurts for a new free floated mid length HG.

Good luck tomorrow if you are going hunting Thanksgiving Day! I'm going to try to throw some pumpkinballs at a buck on Tyndall if I'm lucky.

Good Shooting
RED