Century Arms Cetme

Mosinnagant

Hi I have been looking at a Century Arms Cetme and was wondering if it is worth buying. It is factory new and comes with some mags and cleaning kit and papers. They want $595.95 and that is the set price.

Orion6

No. You can find them cheaper. The Century guns in my experience are not worth the headache. I can almost guarantee there will be something wrong with it.

HankC1

Only buy a Century CETME if you can inspect it for bolt gap and sight. You may buy one much cheaper on internet but you don't know what you are getting.

RedNeckWino

They fall under the same as any rifle. Treat it well and keep it oiled. So what if you have to check the head space first. I would do the same for a $2500.00 rifle. Hope it wasn't built on a friday after noon. With all the mods people talk of doing to the big name rifles, you can do the same with this upper and lower combo but have an operational rifle while you save the pennies to order up parts.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

solvability

I have one that I bought used - likely pretty typical.

No bolt gap - had to get oversize rollers.

Very accurate- no kidding.

sights canted - I had the rear sights replaced with the better HK design.

The trigger is very long and crappy, but I can still shoot it well.

I like it now and plan to keep it but for no good reason - bad ergonomics - useless for 3 gun - I use a FAL Para for 3 gun HM.

It is a very interesting design.

sailskidrive

Instead....

If you look on gun broker you should be able to find a PTR91 "GI" for about $850 instead. Huge difference in quality for the price.

I will never buy anything from CENTURY again.

Greguw

I 2nd the PTR91 ... the only good guns that came out of century were the early M70 yugo AK's everything else sucks !