Centurials

9x19

This old Colt turned 100 this year... It's a veteran of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam... still shoots pretty good even with the tiny sights.

Colt USGI 1911
CUSGI1911.jpg

Anyone else have a 100 year old pistol that's still shooting?

Share a pic if you can.

Last edited:

lamarw

I have a M1911 which is 4 years shy of hitting the Century Mark.

I do not know when it was liberated (Stolen) from Uncle Sam so I can not say what wars it may of still been in military service.

Do you know when yours was liberated? There is the possibility yours and mine could of seen action in the many Banana Wars between WWI and WWII.

If yours is a hundred now, it is conceivable it could of seen action in WWI.

RickB

My M1911 is also only 96 years old. It was not "liberated"; my dad bought it from Uncle Sam, in the late '50s or early '60s. I still have the receipt. I think he paid something like $28 for it.
We hear about "rebuilds", and how parts got swapped without regard to who made the parts, or when. My gun is still in the original blue finish, but it shipped with parkerized M1911A1 slide stop and grip safety. It also has a later, replacement barrel, but looks mostly original.
I don't think I have a single still pic of it, but if you skip to the 9:55 here: http://www.powerfactorshow.com/2014/10/20/episode-200-troubleshooting-1911-magazines/
I show it off a bit.

kraigwy

I'll have to break protocol here, since this is the semi-auto form. My M1911a1 isn't hear 100 (it was made in '42)
USSC%201911%20Slide%202.JPG

but I have an old revolver.

When my grandfather was 12 he left home to work the ranches in Colorado and New Mexico. His father (my great grandfather) gave him a S&W Model #3 in 44 Russian.

My grandfather got into mining and prospecting and carried the revolver in his travels from Central America to Canada and all parts in-between. The revolver was passed down to my father, me, and will go to my oldest son. Hopefully it will continue the tradition.

I still shoot it, it works quite well. Made in 1876. Well over the 100 year mark.
guns%20004.jpg

guns%20005.jpg

James K

Member In Memoriam
A couple of years ago, I took two pistols to the range and fired each one several times. One was a Model 1836 and the other was a Model 1842. No problems, no misfires.

Jim

lamarw

Here are a few pictures. Display of my M1911, Pre-War Colt Official Police along with their letters from Colt.

The Colt M1911 was shipped in Dec. 1918. The Official Police was is not a hundred but was shipped to a Hardware Store in New Orleans in Dec. 1941.

I also have an old S&W .38 Safety Hammerless 4th Model which dates to 1900.

Attachments

• Display Guns.jpg
    Display Guns.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Display Guns 3.jpg
    Display Guns 3.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 16

aarondhgraham

Meet Margaux

French 8mm Lebel revolver,,,
I call her Margaux.

07-margeaux.JPG

Model 1892 made in 1903,,,
She is "Eleventy-One" this year,,,
I recently bought 550 rounds of new ammo for her.

Aarond

tallball

No handguns, unfortunately.

My Swedish Mauser, though, was made in 1909. It is my most accurate centerfire rifle.

polyphemus

This old Colt turned 100 this year... It's a veteran of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam...
Was it in storage during WWI?How did you find out it was in #2,K and Nam?
I always thought there was a rampant Colt stamp right behind the slide serrations for that model,maybe it's not clear.

9x19

Thanks for sharing all the others.

My Dad liberated this Colt when he retired from the USMC.

He'd had it since Korea (battle field acquisition), when he was a .30 machine gunner, later it went to Cuba (missile crisis) and Viet Nam.

I can't say for sure it saw action in either of the WWs, but it was in inventory for both.

It does have a pony on the left rear of the slide, and although it wears a 1911A1 grip safety, I have the shorter one as well, but with that one in place, it bites.