Centaur/Centennial 1960 Rehab

H.W. French

Calling all FROCS!
I've been offered the opportunity to purchase a used Centennial 1960.
1970 vintage, three screw with Ormsby style engraving. Seller wants 240.00 USD.
Finish is still worn, but good with no rust/pitting. The bore and chambers seem in pretty good condition also with no noticeable rust or pitting. Solid action.
It is definitely used.
Buggered screws.
Mashed safety pins.
Peened cylinder stop notches. Especially where the lead meets the notch.
The cylinder is fairly loose at rest but tightens up with only a minimal amount of side-to-side play at full cock.
If it was an Uberti or EMF I'd walk away but I'm kind of intrigued by this Belgium. I know spare parts are harder to come by. The worn notches are the only thing that give me pause.
Ideas? The seller is pretty firm on the price.
Thanks.

DoubleDeuce 1

I don't know what to tell you. I have a Belgian Colt, and some others. But when I pick up the Belgian Colt, there is just something about the way it feels compaired to the others. I felt this way even before I knew about FROCS. I have owned the revolver for forty years or so. I think it is definintely a keeper.:cool:

mykeal

I think $240 is too high for a Centaure in the condition you describe. I own two, and would not pay that price for a third. However, if you don't yet own one....well, that's another matter. Tough decision.

sltm1

They're not easy to come across, at that price I'll take it if you don't want it. I'm a pretty good kitchen table gunsmith and wouldn't mind the challenge. If interested, send me a PM thanx.

Bootsie

As Sltm1 says at $ 240.00.
I would grab this Centaure and run.
Their prices are growing steadily.
Particularly in the US the market has pretty much dried up.
Bootsie

wap41

centennial

You said engraved,how much engraving?That would make a huge difference to me.I have two in excellant condition but would buy a fully engraved model even if it was not in great shape.

H.W. French

Wap- Just the typical naval engagement scene on the cylinder.
sltm- I haven't forgot you. Outta town for a few days. Gonna have another look at it when I get back.