Celebrities with Guns

Kodiac

Entertainment tonight is going to be doing this story. It should be entertaining. See how many control advocates actually pack heat. I think it is on tonight... check your listings.

Rob Pincus

Thursday night? Watch it and make me a list, I'll be on the road. Thanks....
(I run celebrity shooting events for charities, I need to maek sure I invite the right celebrities!)

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 10-22-98).]

4V50

Retired Screen Name
Don't watch TV myself, but the anti-gun Senator from CA, Diane Feinstein, has a gun.

She use to have two but turned one in when there was a voluntary disarmament program.

Now she's sworn in as a U.S. Fed. Deputy Marshal so she can CCW on aeroplanes and not have a CCW on file in either Washington or CA.

By the way, she killed a man as mayor. Did CPR on him and it worked. The guy was revived and began vomiting. She neglected to clear the airway and blew the vomit into his lungs. Drowned him in it (opps), earning a Red Cross honor for her selfless act in the days when AIDS was relatively new.

Diane killed more than my new guns (sorry, but I don't know the history of my old bolt actions).

Kodiac

Shoot - I didn't catch it... some stuff came up that kept me out all night.
Namely a friend dropped off a Honda VFR... I had to gas it up for the morning ride to work - and I took the long way home from the gas station. I had to exercise the needles in the gauges. They BOTH go all the way, now.

*ear to ear grin*

Mike in VA

Then there's the anti-gun morons like Stallone or Mel Gibson. What are the chances that their bodyguards are armed? Hmmmm, how to bet on that one?? I find it very ironic that guys who've made millions in violent movies that glamourize guns and their improper use and with atrocious gun handling and no ethics what so ever have the audacity to tell me anything about weapons or what's good for me. Of course if they did that screen stuff with real loaded guns, they wouldn't be here to preach, eh? ( a guy can dream, right?) Oh, well, everybody have a nice weekend. M2

DC

Moderator Emeritus
I saw it...wasn't much. A 60 sec after thought fluff piece.

The initial opening is that Johnny Carson was mugged in Santa Monica a while back, so he buys a gun. Cut to a police Lt. who sez that the LA area is violent, and that the avg. person on the street has a statistically greater chance of getting killed by a criminal than the avg. infantryman did in WWII. A little bit about fear and wanting to protect oneself...cut to Chuck Heston who says he has guns for home defense. Reporter asks if he ever had to use them for defense, he says no...reporter says then why have them?...Chuck says, my house has never been on fire, but I'm glad the Fire Dept is close by. Cut to celebrities that have been busted for having guns in wrong place (Harry Connick Jr., Christian Slater and Gary Coleman)....of course the film shows these guys being lead off in cuffs. Cut to Beau Bridges saying that we have police, and the cops don't want everyone packing, and we shouldn't...afterall, the police are professional and we aren't....he'll trust the police to protect him.
End of story and some solemn looks and concern by the twits that anchor the show.

4V50

Retired Screen Name
Jason,

Sorry but I should have qualified my answer (second time I did this). She is sworn but unsalaried. So, you may still have a chance.

Blame those sunny Californians who keep voting her into office (like those MA folks who keep voting for Charles Schumer).

[This message has been edited by 4V50 (edited 10-23-98).]

Jason Kitta

4V50,

I understood what you where talking about, just a complaint in general from me.

Her eliteism bother me just a bit.

Jason

Schumer's from New York...facing Domenic DeMato (sp) in the race. Your thinking of the other Schumer...the one with the bad driving record.
Rich

Rob Pincus

Hey Mike, Stallone is not anti- gun. He made a stupid statement and has ammended it, of course, that won't get reported nearly azs much as it did when he said to take all the guns away, door-to-door style..
The guys got a range in his house and a huge gun collection.

There are a couple of celebrities in the latest G&A, mentioned in the STC article.

Ed Brunner

Rob;Obviously I dont know Stallone but a lot of Hollywood folks have two sets of rules-one for them and one for the rest of the people.
I read somewhere that he was conveniently out of the country during Vietnam and that he refused a DOD request to visit our troops in Lebanon or someplace.

Rob Pincus

It's true that a lot of people have two sets of standards. Stallone has gotten a really bad rap since he made that door-to-door statement when he was in Europe after Phil Hartman was killed. Of course, I wasn't there, but it was apparently taken out of context of a series of options that Stallone offered to solve the problem. He has disputed the statement since then, but not recieved much press on it. His brother attends a great many shoots and hunts every year.
Schwarzenegar is another one that has been labeled anti-gun at times, yet he shoots a lot. He hosted a shoot in Hawaii for a friend of ours last month.
Now, I have heard that Eastwood is another story. He is apparently very much against firearms in the hands of everyone.

Unfortunately, many of these people live under two sets of rules in the first place. The average guy on the street might say "he puts his pants on just like me.." one minute, then turn around when he does something wrong and expect him to have been above it or to have known better. These are just people, with the same faults as everyone else. I've heard an awful lot of die hard guns rights guys say, without noticing the inherent contradiction, that "certain people" shouldn't have guns. These people who make judgements based on their own arbritrary value system could be deemed to be much less justified than a celebrity who feels that the added threats they face entitle them to more rights to defend themselves than the average citizen.

IMHO, both groups of people are wrong. Either we should all have the right to defend ourselves or we should not. You've got to choose one side or the other on this one. Otherwise, you allow infringemetn upon infringement until it is too late. That is what too many people are missing

chris in mo

I found it entertaining when Heston was interviewed about his stand on guns. He told of many anti gun celebrities who knew that he keeps guns asking about getting a loaner during the LA riots.Of course he rightly refused and reminded them that they were morally against them. Funny that so many people have no use for a gun till they feel threatened and there is no time for them to learn to use or handle one safely. Chris