CCWs UNDER $200.00? Yes!

Sir William

OK, used but. I decided I had some free time today and I should go shopping. I wanted to know what a new CCW aspirant could dredge up for less than $200.00 in revolver form. Most would say this is NOT enough money!! I found several options though. The best was a S&W M10 police trade-in and it was closely followed by a S&W M36. They were both in great condition. Diamond walnut grips and a flat latch on the M36. Both had good finish except for the barrels showing bare from holster wear at the muzzles. The next candidate was also a J frame, a M30 in 32 S&W Long with finish wear, diamond walnut grips and a flat latch. I would have purchased any of these with little reservation. The next candidates were not so desirable. There were two Charter Arms/Charco 38 Specials in stainless steel and a well worn blued revolver. They were functional but, ugly for the blue and none too bad in stainless steel. I didn't see anything else that I felt was worthy of consideration. I was quit pleased with myself for finding choices under $200.00. In fact, any of these revolvers, an Elite www.elitesurvival.com IWB nylon holster and a box of Mag Tech JHP ammunition was within the $200.00 realm. A day pass at the range was $10.00 and the new owner could familiarize themselves with their new CCW. There ARE still CCW choices UNDER $200.00. All of the FFLs I spoke with also would give 90 days layaway on any of the revolvers. One doesn't need to be rich to begin as a firearms owner, find a HD revolver or to CCW.

Last edited:

joneb

I've seen S&W mod. 10's w/ 3" barrels advertised for $180-200 , I have one in a 6" and it's a good shooter. If your search included semi-auto's you still may find a Bulgarian makarov for two bills. :)
them too are good shooters.

trigger happy

what about those Polish P-64 pistols ? or a PA-63..good luck finding a Makarov nowadays at your distributor's..you can find them used but I don't want to deal with non distributor type sellers..might end up with somebody else's problem

Little Silas

If you find a model 10 with a 3", in pretty good shape, that is your carry for under $200.00.
I sometimes carry my old model 10, 4" in certain situations.
Most times I carry a model 60, 2 1/8".
I own several autos but I don't trust them in an emergency situation where I have to think of the mechanics.
Believe me, things happen so fast that only instincts apply!

GunnyBob

Same here, Ichiro. Must be looking in all the wrong places, I guess. Gun and Pawn Shops around Gainesville Florida want an arm, leg, and first-born birth certificate for a decent used CCW wheely. Don't mind paying what a gun is worth but do mind being ripped off. The better half had her hands on an old 12-2 and fell in love with it but the shop is asking too much so the search continues.

all the best

Gunny

HSMITH

The only wheelgun deals I have gotten around here have been at chain stores that take trade in guns. Bought a M37 in 98% condition for $170 and a M686+ Mountain Gun for $280. LOTS of looking and LOTS of patience to find the deals, but even in a market like this where prices are insane for good wheelguns a deal will be found now and then.

Set up a circuit of shops to check out, figure them into your way home from work one or two days a week and be sure to hit them all at least once every two weeks.

I used to look at the auction internet sites, there are some SMOKING deals to be had but I don't have the money to keep up with the deals. I have gone to a local area plan, keeps things in check with my pocketbook.

GunnyBob

Sound advice, Smith. I make the rounds about once a week or so, and have an abundance of patience but the wife is getting antsy to scarf up an overpriced 12-2. $310 for a fairly good gun of this type is insane but the market is beginning...here at least...to cater to the ladies and their desire for smallish CCW type weapons. She's old fashioned and won't tolerate any talk of semi-automatics, bless her little heart, and considers MY daily carry G-27 to be a brick with a trigger and without personality. I agree but still will not be taken for a ride by the greedy dealers.

We'll keep looking.

All the best

Gunny

kymasabe

I saw a model 10 recently at a local pawn shop here in Florida for $195. Looked to be in decent shape. They can be had for $200-ish dollars.

leopard1

Shotgun News had an ad for M-10s for $180 last Sunday. You can find ads for police turn-ins in that price range from time to time.

AK103K

I picked up a freshly parked, 2" M&P with a bobbed hammer for $150. Great shooter with a great, silky smooth DA trigger. Our local shop usually has some real nice used revolvers in the $150-250 range.

Ichiro

Auction Arms has an abundance of 4" tubes for decent prices, but I've not seen many (i.e., any) 2" or 3" models recently. Already have a 4". I may have to look at the pawn shops.

~Ichiro

Edited: meant to say I don't see 2s and 3s at those prices. There's a few nice 2" models for $300 and more.

starislon

J&G Sales CCW

I've recently purchased three Mod 10's from J&G Sales each for under $200 (excluding shipping & transfer). Two were 3" SB 10-7's and one 4" RB 10-10. All G-VG.

The 10's still are listed on their web site: www.jgsales.com. They also list 64's G-VG for under $200.