CCW Weight

hikingman

Everyone seems to consider the weight of the carry gun without listing the weight of the holster, or the full weight of the ammo. Doesn't the weight of five or six .357 cartridges add significantly to the weight in the holster? What is the added weight of 5 .38 or 5 .357 rounds....

Thanks,

Hikingman

hikingman

Thanks.

Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt with 5.5 barrel =
39 oz. empty+4.8 oz. ammo=
43.8 oz. or 2.73 pounds.

It can add up.

dasper

The additional weight of a properly designed rig is inconsequential. Get a good belt designed for carrying a pistol, and a well designed holster to fit the gun and the belt.

No matter what you do, an all steel full sized fully loaded high capacity gun will seem a lot heavier by the end of the day. ;^)

Zombie Steve

Wasn't it Smokey and the Bandit where the son-in-law gave Jackie Gleason his gun, and he tried to fire it, looked back and the kid said "but daddy, when I put bullets in it it gets heavy!" :D

Seriously, Hikingman, I feel for ya. I start counting ounces when I go up here...
WaldoCanyon4-19-06jpg9.jpg

20nickels

Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt with 5.5 barrel =
39 oz. empty+4.8 oz. ammo=
43.8 oz. or 2.73 pounds.

No offense, but have you considered a more compact/lighter gun for CCW?

rxrick

Is that in the hills above Garden of the Gods? Makes me homesick to see the Peak like that.

Rick - formerly of Woodmen Valley

Patriots

The Taurus 617 Total Titanium is a small, light weight revolver that is only 19oz. in weight and has a 2" barrel and it holds 7 rounds in .357 mag. I think it's the best CCW snub nose revolver on the market.

Zombie Steve

Is that in the hills above Garden of the Gods? Makes me homesick to see the Peak like that.

Rick - formerly of Woodmen Valley

I'm in Waldo Canyon just East of Hwy 24. You can see the Barr trail cutting across Mt. Manitou on the left. That's the one that takes you up to Pike's Peak. 12+ miles and over 8,000 feet of elevation. It's a butt kicker for sure...

fxdrider

I lived just off Highway 24 (East St. Vrain St.) in Colo Springs back in '71-'72. I remember looking to the left out of my driveway and seeing Pikes Peak right there. Beatiful in the morning at sunrise - the most spectacular purple glow.
I do miss the scenery of the west.