CCW WARS: Houston, we HAVE A LAWSUIT!

CheapSeats

Boy!...I have mixed feelings about the publicizing of people's names but given all the circumstances I think it's prudent for everyone to know...if not now then definitely in the long run.

I would much rather everyone know...that others also have weapons...than end up as bait for a mass grave.

People don't want to admit it but we are in a culture/political war with people who would enslave us.

They may not realize what they are doing...or tell themselves the lie that it is for a good reason...but nontheless...they are trying to get to that point.

I have little fear of a possilbe perp looking things up to see if I have a CCW before they strike...but...I have much more fear of people who would destroy the 2nd Ammendment as hypocrites and secretly carry a weapon.

Have you ever noticed?...people like that don't even have the conscious to comprehend that it is an evil thing they are attempting to do.

Think of the horror in that.

Visions of Adolph Hitler...God Speed to you sir.

Jim March

Let's be clear here: once I have the list of all CCW holders, I am NOT gonna publish it!

I will however give copies to key researchers, people like Kopel/Kleck/Lott/Cramer to check my stats on racial breakdown analysis. I may cross-reference the names against campaign contributor logs. If somebody who I *know* is on our side wants the names for his county so he can go check against campaign logs, I'll give out his/her county's list with a promise that it will NOT show up in a local paper unless the percentage of "cronyism" is so high (75% or more), it's not likely there's many non-crony permitholders in there.

Now, that IS the situation in Marinand Contra Costa counties, and the city of Oakland. There's maybe three or four more counties I could name where that's likely. I did publish the lists for CC and Marin, and of course named the one permitholder in Oakland (mayor Jerry Brown's pet Zen guru/roommate/political consultant/serial sexual harasser).

But those are unusual circumstances. The vast majority of permits are out in rural counties, where it's shall-issue or close to it. Those people and their *good* Sheriffs don't have anything to fear from me.

Last edited:

CheapSeats

Gotcha...no problem.

I see it as the MUCH lesser of two evils but necessary to maintain freedom.

I also believe that the truth of these polls/studies/etc. which is made public...or at least available...would be an aid in maintaining this freedom.

There would be much more harm possible in secrecy....than in open disclosure.

DMK

"Boy!...I have mixed feelings about the publicizing of people's names but given all the circumstances I think it's prudent for everyone to know...if not now then definitely in the long run."

Better that it be public knowledge and everybody know than have a secret list that only the elite know about.

After all, isn't that exactly why we have the 1st ammendment?

Go get 'em Jim! Let us know what we can do to help!

buzz_knox

The legal profession hates pro se litigants....

Not quite. We only hate it when the judge acts as their lawyer, or they fail to follow the most basics rules of procedure. Beyond that, we like pro ses. To be blunt, it would mostly be like shooting fish in a barrel, except for the prior two circumstances. When you have to wade through hundreds of dirt covered, insect infested documents that they've turned over (yes, this actually happened), you get frustrated.

On second thought, there is one other type of pro se we don't like: someone who is knowledgable (at least enough to cause trouble), and dedicated to a cause. I think Jim clearly falls in that category. I'm glad he's on my side. ;)

LoneStranger

When you have to wade through hundreds of dirt covered, insect infested documents that they've turned over (yes, this actually happened), you get frustrated.

Lawyers like to play games with delays and using non-english language and everyone thinks its ok. Those who aren't lawyers like to play in their own ways. If it means that you, lawyer, misses something is it wrong?:D

buzz_knox

Those who aren't lawyers like to play in their own ways. If it means that you, lawyer, misses something is it wrong?

When the game is to use biohazardous materials, I think that's wrong. ;) Trust me on this one. This stuff was rank. I was the one that had to move it and I don't know what moved faster, me or the critters that came running out.

As for playing games, not with pro ses. I play with other attorneys but I actually counsel pro ses on what both parties and the judge are doing and what it means. I don't win by cheating; I win by being right.

DD698

Lawsuit in Der Peoples Republik

Jim: I give you the words of Lawrence in the war of 1812. 'Dont give up the ship'. Good Luck.