Ccw revolver holster

milky7272

I have been carrying my glock 19, and smith 1076 for a while now and really like them. Latley I have been realy intrigued by the older Smith revolvers and would like to CCW one. I really only have four that are small enough to CCW.
1. 624 3" 44 speacial with combat grips lew horton
2. 657 3" 41 mag with combat grips. lew horton
3. 686 2.5" .357 with combat grips lew horton
4. 19 2.5" .357
Question
1. Wich would you carry?
2. what is the best holster for these pistols for IWB carry?

dairycreek

686Bcompresed-1.jpg

Of the four revolvers mentioned in the OP I carry a 686+ and find that, for me, a #1 FIST clip
1a.jpg
holster works just fine. Of course I have a really good, dedicated gun belt which makes for a great carry. Since the #1 is a clip holster it is easy on and easy off but very stable when on the belt.

KyJim

For a carry revolver, I would carry the Model 19. It was expressly designed with carry in mind because the K-frame is going to be several ounces lighter than any of the others. Yet, it's heavy enough that recoil won't be an issue.

As for holsters, I have found that holsters with widely spaced points of attachment are more comfortable over longer periods of time because they distribute the weight better. The Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is one example. Unfortunately, there is a long wait for these. However, several other manufacturers build similar holsters.

And you definitely need a good gun belt, not just some "heavy" leather belt.

milky7272

Thanks for the info. I think I will stick with the 19 for now. The other three have combat grips and I will just find a set for the 19. Thanks

Webleymkv

As I type this, I'm wearing a Model 66 (the stainless version of your M19) with the same barrel length and have done so all day. I do not, however, carry IWB as I find that method of carry to be horrendously uncomfortable. My revolver is carried in an El Paso Saddlery #88 "Street Combat" holster on a good 1 3/4" wide belt. This combo makes the revolver ride nice and close to my body and it simply disappears under a loose fitting t-shirt.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-73-11-88-street-combat-holster.aspx

Chesster

My revolver is carried in an El Paso Saddlery #88 "Street Combat" holster on a good 1 3/4" wide belt.

I have several of the Combat 88 holsters for revolvers. IMHO, these are the best for concealing such. These replaced my older pancake style holsters as you could reholster the gun.