CCW reciprocity link ???

lonegunman

I know someone has previously posted a link showing CCW reciprocity... but I cant find it...

I thought it was at the NRA_ILA website, but couldnt find it. Anybody got it?

Or more specifically, Do Georgia and Florida have reciprocity?

user110011

Mr. Lonegnman:

Yes, Georgia and Florida have reciprocity for CCW. I carry in your state all the time on my Florida license.

http://licgweb.dos.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

This is the Florida Department of State's web site, information doesn't get much more accurate than this, as in "from the horse's mouth".

I looked at the packing.org web site one time a year or so ago, and it said to contact the "Florida State Police" for information on CCW licensing in Florida. Only problem is that the State of Florida has no State Police! We do have a Highway Patrol, that has none of the police powers that most, uh, *northerners* are used to in a State Police. State Police has no absolutely equivalent in Florida, our law enforcement powers rest in the County Sheriff's Departments and local law enforcement. FHP has *absolutely* positively nothing to do with CCW licensing, permitting, or answering questions about guns. They write tickets on state designated roads.

Bottom line is that packing.org was giving BS legal advice without verifying their facts. I would consider any information from this site suspect at best, since he didn't take the time to verify his facts in the only area I looked at. All he would have had to do was follow the above link I gave you, and verify his facts - the Florida Department of State has had this information available for years. Maybe they don't have a lot of time for their hobby, but giving bad advice here is quite serious.

I did email the webmaster to tell him this, but I don't know if he made any changes. I would consider second hand infromation useful, but I'd personally check with the state you're traveling to and make 100% darn certian I don't find myself in violation of anybodies law with a gun carried CCW. Too much to lose.

Monkeyleg

User, you're right about packing.org, but he's the only guy out there doing what he's doing. I'll cut him a bunch of slack for that. Anyone who really needs to know about the current laws should contact the state they're going to. Even then, the authorities don't seem to know the laws.

P

PreserveFreedom

Bottom line is that packing.org was giving BS legal advice without verifying their facts.
Let's not forget that before you can get any info or legal advice from that site, you have to click and agree that you will double check the info yourself and that you know it may be inaccurate. As mentioned, it is very hard for one person to run a site like that and much of the info is submitted by visitors. I usually recommend that the site be used as a guideline and that you verify verify verify all info before you test it. The site does provide a link to the actual state statutes on firearms for all fifty states.

js1050

I give kudos to packing.org. The site provides general info and contact info for each state. If you come across something that is not accurate send the site owner a note and politely point it out, don't forget to thank him for his time and effort in providing this service to the RKBA community, free of charge.