CCW Reciprocity In California

azredhawk44

Wow, good one! I don't vacation in California for this reason.

I will write a couple of reps to let them know that they are missing out on my tourism money due to this issue, but they have the power to change that.

w_houle

"... pursuant to California law.", so you can carry in California if the state you're in recognizes their CCW permit but you can only carry what they say you can carry. I would link to the California DOJ website for the approved gun list but there is only so much I can do from my phone.

grymster2007

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't get too all worked up over shall-issue in CA. The power comes from Los Angeles, the Bay Area and San Diego and the politicians representing those areas are overwhelmingly anti-gun. I don't see this going anywhere.

Nikop23

Well, actually sandiego is not as bad as you may think. And if Enough pressure is brought forward, then this issue may be put to a vote. But people need to be informed about this issue and lawmakers need to know how the people feel.

grymster2007

Yeah, you're right; San Diego may not be so bad, but with Los Angeles and the SF Bay Area accounting for ~70% of the state's population, it really don't much matter. I'm not saying that the prospect is hopeless or that people should give up, just that the deck is stacked pretty heavily against us at this point.

csmsss

Put to a referendum, Californians approve many items which the state legislature would never, ever, under any circumstances pass. I see this bill as something the legislature would never pass, but which might be approved should it appear on the ballot via referendum.

I'm not versed in California constitutional law or statutes - does anyone know if this is the sort of law which might be put to a referendum or would it be excluded?

G-man 26

Hell, we amend the constitution, and there are still idiots in the streets screaming that it's unconstitutional. No, it's IN the constitution now, see, it can't be "unconstitutional" if it is IN the constitution.

The states population may be 70% liberal, but the government's percentage is higher than that. Even our RINO's are...never mind. Regardless, we still need to support these as much a possible. They need to hear what we think. If it doesn't pass this way, then we need to see about a referendum or something. We all sign enough petitions, and get a public vote on it, and you never know. We might at least get to hear a couple of judges tell us no anyway. With what just happened in the bay area, I would hope the LEO community would be for it. The more honest, law abiding, citizens that are legally armed, the better. For them, and for us.

Thanks Nikop23 for putting it out there, I sent my letters as well. The more help we get from out of state, the better.

security1

viperjon, we've got the same problem here in IL. with Chicago and the Daley machine. We can't get anything passed because most of the state's population resides in the Chicago metro area....