CCW Holster for M&P

Got a question about M&P9C. Switching from my Galco COP outside the waistband holster and want to find a nice IWB. I want the part against my hip to be leather, i would prefer the snaps/clips to be wide set from the holster to provide a thinner concealment, and was thinking about a tuckable holster. Any ideas. Have been looking at the Crossbreed Super Tuck and the H.B.E. Com IWBs. Let me know, open to any suggestions.

I like the VM2s, and I don't want to spend more that $110 so there at the top end of my range. Was wondering if a CrossBreed would fit both my M&P9C and my M&P40. Since the dimentions of the trigger guard and the slide width are the same, it would seem that they could both go in the CBH.

Last edited:

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Was wondering if a CrossBreed would fit both my M&P9C and my M&P40.

Which model? They don't recommend "larger" guns for the SOB. As for the "Super Tuck", their website says "Each holster fits all Bbl lengths of a particular series of firearms such as everything from an Officer's to a 5 inch 1911, or a Mini Glock, Compact or full-size Glock."

I have the Super Tuck and I've got to say I can't hide it anything like the guy in the video on their site. Anybody with eyes could see I was carrying if I tucked it like he does.

I was looking at the Super Tuck Deluxe. I don't really intent on tucking, as I rarely tuck anyway, however I would appreciate the option if given to me. How is it for normal (untucked) concealment? Does the material used for the holster cause excelerated holster wear? (Will it take the finish off quickly?)

I know it was quick but I went ahead and ordered the Super Tuck Deluxe. Can't argue with the review on here. Also, I like the two week trial and the lifetime warranty. It is a big plus for me to be able to carry my two M&Ps in one holster. Thanks for the help.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I was looking at the Super Tuck Deluxe. I don't really intent on tucking, as I rarely tuck anyway, however I would appreciate the option if given to me. How is it for normal (untucked) concealment? Does the material used for the holster cause excelerated holster wear? (Will it take the finish off quickly?)

I'm still waiting for my friggin' permit (Don't get me started on that) but I've tried it out several times for fun. I can't hide the EMPTY HOLSTER in any sort of tucked configuration. The problem is with the pants not the shirt. It looks like I'm growing a tumor on my waitband. I've tried it with loose pants and tight pants and jeans and dockers, no go. If I wear jeans and a T-shirt with a button up style shirt untucked I have no problems at all. I find the Super Tuck to be very comfortable but I would suppose that, given the way I can conceal it, a good quality OWB holster would be better. No experience there.

lafd04

My dad I both use UBG IWB striker 1's. Well made and pretty cheap for a hand made holster. Also A good guy to deal with. Called me just to make sure that I had no messed up my order form when I sent it in for 2 identical holsters, then emailed when he started building them
http://www.ubgholsters.com