CCW and the doctor's office

sterno

I just started going to a chiropractor. When I go I leave my gun in the car (I know, I know). I do this because I'm pretty sure that no matter which way you slice it he's not going to allow me to carry while in his office. Even if he's OK with CCW's, his insurance company would have a stroke if they found out that he let patients carry in his office. Also because in order for him to do his work, I'd have to disarm and I'd rather leave it locked in the car than lying on a table.

What do y'all do about this?

mete

My chiropractor wouldn't give it a second thought he already knows I'm a gun nut !! He might ,if he knows you carry ,ask how do you carry because it might be putting strains on your back when you are sitting if the gun makes you twist your pelvis or spine!

Sir William

One of my doctors and one of my physical terrorists are into firearms. The PT actually wanted to see my Commander. The doctor is a shotgunner and we often talk sports and shooting. I chose the rehab clinic based on their willingness to work with me on my shooting ability. I provided the red guns and they even went to the range. I leave my CCW in the locked glovebox in the locked car though at office visits.

urban assault

I normally don't carry in the Doctors office, but I made an unscheduled stop because of some pain in my chest. I has truly forgotten that I was carrying my P14, because my shoulder holster was so comfortable. Even my wife forgot that I had it on. We are waiting in the exam room for my Doc, and I took my coat off. Oops! Now, what to do? The choice was taken out of my hands because he chose to enter the room then. I explained my problem to him and he was fine with it. His nurse was fine too, and had no issues. It was truly a non-issue for all involved.

Sir William

They are. LEOs, firefighters, river industry, railroad and paralyzed patients go to this rehab. I have actually needed band-aids after a visit. They take their job serious. I was a little leery when they put me on the rack. LOL

Mannlicher

I won't see a doctor unless I know his stance on guns. My doctor here in Miami carries in his office, and has no problem with me doing so.

swmike

Just got back from my Dr's Office this afternoon. Carrying was not an issue for anyone. It is in my vest and I can take it off or put it on without anyone noticing. Only way would be for someone to pick up vest. 9mm and 36 rnds weigh more than a pack of cigarettes and some gum.

Evader1

LMAO!!! I just had this happen last week at my Chiro's office. He's a friend of mine but had no idea I was carrying my Glock 27 on me. He gets ready to adjust me and asked what was on my side. Told him it was my gun. First his jaw dropped cause he never even suspected a gun on me. Then he laughed and we spent 10 mins going over the Glock and telling him a few things. Long story short, he's has a CCW but didn't know what to get, loved my 27 So we're going to the range and checking one out for him, says he wants to get one now. :D

Rivers

Please, guys, let's not confuse chiropractors with doctors! Save your money. Get a massage, or get a date!

dinosaur

I sold a gun to my chiropractor. :) I usually just put my 642 in my vest instead of carrying my Model 65 at the doc's. This way I take off the vest when I get weighed. I'm very senstive about my weight.:D

MissileCop

I always had a few minutes before my chiro came into the room. Shirt, shoes and accessories would come off. Sig was folded up into my shirt, and neatly laid on top of my other stuff. My chiro was never the wiser.

Actually, it's been awhile since I've been. Hmmm...maybe I'll call and make a snap-crackle-pop appointment. :D