CCI shotshells

marano

I have these for all my revolvers, .22, .38, .44. Will these hurt the revolver in any way? I usually carry one in the first chamber up when in the woods for Snakes.

Logs

I can't imagine they would mess anything up, since you are not shooting them a 100 at a time. I loaded up a snubnose .38 special last weekend for snakes while we were checking out some property. I popped off a few at a can and was impressed.

SCCop

I have to disagree with Clemson

I don't really know much about the shot shells, but I went to Carolina therefore I have to disagree. :D

Jeffro250

They wont hurt anything...the shot is made our of a VERY soft lead that wont harm your barrels. The larger calibers do work well at short ranges(less than 10 yards) but the 22 and similar sizes dont do much.

100W_Warlock

I load my own...works just fine and no harm done

Shot shells are lead, so, they won't interfere with the operation of your revolver.

38s with 4.2gr of Universal and CCI 500 or Fed 100 primers work well.

Buzzard

CCI did inform me thru Email not to use the Shotshells in any handgun that was ported.....said it was not safe.

marano

Jeffro

I shot a cottonmouth at about five yards with my 61/2 inch Single six .22 and it made quite a mess of him.

Bulldozer

I've used the 38 shotshells to dispatch well over a dozen snakes in the cleanup of a property I acquired last year in NY that had become grown over and filled with old, rotten cut logs. Easily dispatched anything I ran into -- from rats to snakes with ease from a 3" K-frame.

Biggest one dealt with was a 5' cottonmouth down in my GA house along the Glynn Marches earlier this year.

gak

Over the years have shot many rattlers--some very large--with .38 CCI (4" Taurus) and a few with my .44M Vaquero (.44Sp/.44M). Both very effective and no problems. Yes, makes a nice mess out of them. Shouldn'tve opened their mouths! :)
p.s. Now wish CCI would do the right thing and come out with shotshell in .32 Mag.

---------------------
"Well, he shoulda armed himself then shouldn't he?"

Last edited:

RWK

Based on both personal experience and the opinion of experts, shotshells: (1) do not hurt your handgun in any manner and (2) are highly effective against snakes, rats, etc. I have personally dispatched two water moccasins at my parents' home in South Carolina with .38 Special shotshells fired from a four-inch Ruger KGP-141 at approximately 10 feet. They became "instant hamburger".