CCI Blazer Aluminum not ok for lever action rifles?

IanS

I read they aren't recommended for lever action rifles like the 1892 clones or the Marlin 1894. Can anyone confirm this and anyone know why?

PetahW

The aluminum cases can gall & catch during feeding.

Some Blazer cartridges are now available with brass cases - I have 200 brasse Blazer .45ACP empties in hand right now.

So, what I was told a while back is that the extractor on the lever rifles is strong and can pull the aluminum rim right off the case, leaving a stuck, unextracted case. And, I was told that the extractor can be dmaged. And, when I had a Henry Repeating Arms 44 Magnum Big Boy lever rifle, I did use some 44 Special in Blazer aluminum cases and I did have some jams during levering. So, I stopped using the Blazer aluminum cased stuff, but I eventually sold that rifle to go "all Winchester" and never looked back. I've still got 100 rounds of Blazer 44 Special aluminum cased stuff in the ammo locker and I am probably going to fire it from a revolver instead of using it in one of my Winchester model 94's in 44 Mag. Just don't need any aggravation or damaged rifles.