CC Options for the wife

scorpion_tyr

My wife is a home health nurse and she has a CCW. Right now she carries her Bersa Thunder .380 in her purse, but she hates the weight of it and wants to start carrying it on her person. I would love to see her do this because when she visits a patient's home she has too much medical stuff to carry as is and must leave the purse in her car. 99% of her patients live in very bad neighborhoods or out in the middle of nowhere where dog attacks are a very real threat. She's been lucky so far and the only dog bites she's recieved didn't go through her clothing or break her skin. She has also had a couple of incidents in rough neighborhoods while she was walking back out to her car.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how she can CC on her person while wearing scrubs? I've already suggested an ankle holster, but she's completely against that.

My partner is a hospice nurse (pretty much the same thing) and also has a CCW. He carries a S&W m637 light weight .38spl revolver. When he carries it on him he carries it in his computer bad, which is never allowed to leave their possession, which is kind of like carrying it in a purse. :)

scorpion_tyr

Thank you all for the info, she'll probably go with the belly band, it seems to be the best option out of all of them.

As for non-lethal approach to dogs, she would just rather shoot a dog that is attacking her. By attacking I mean really going at her, if they're small or not that big of a threat she just kicks the crap out of 'em.

Thanks to everyone though, all are good suggestions!

Keltyke

Belly Band -or- Something small and light enough to rest in a IWB holster hooked over her elastic waistband. My wife carries a Keltec P-32 in a Galco IWB easily and comfortably.

pax

In addition to the belly band, another good option in scrubs is SmartCarry (or Thunderwear).

pax

(Edited to add -- I deleted an off-topic post above.)

Last edited:

Heepstress

Concealed Carry Options

Scorpion,

You're right, purse carry isn't the most optimal method for all situations. I carry in my purse sometimes. I carry in my pants pocket sometimes. I carry IWB sometimes. As long as your wife can comfortably wear her firearm securely and within easy reach, many of the options offered will work. It also will allow her to change up her carry method so she's not "predictable".

Your wife definitely has a precarious job. I have a question for you, if you don't mind. Are the homes she visits posted for exposures, dangers, warnings, etc? Just curious...

Good luck!
Heepstress