CC a 4" XD40

Kevin_d77

Anyone CC a 4" XD40? Just curious as to what holster you use. I'm in the tropic weather so preferably IWB.

My Shield gets primary in a Theis IWB kydex, but I like options!

allaroundhunter

I carry a FS M&P so maybe I can help. The Crossbreed Supertuck is about as good of a holster as you will find for your intended purpose.

Kevin_d77

Hmm interesting. My Theis is essentially the same as the Crossbreed. I just didn't know how comfortable it would be with such a bulky slide. I just recently got my CWP so carrying and holsters is a whole new ball game to me. I didn't know if anyone likes the old style leather deals anymore

Sure shot wv

Hopefully I can shed some insight here. This month marks 3 years of me carrying a 4"xd40. Occasionally I wish I had something smaller but my xd has never failed me so that's why I carry it so much.

Ok so holsters... I actually ordered a crossbreed in February and its supposed to be delivered this week. Hopefully, I'm anxious to try it. But anyway... For 3 years now I've been carrying in an 11 dollar iwb holster I bought for kicks at a gun show. It's the only holster I carry in. It blew my mind how comfortable it is. And it's taken 3 years for it to have hit its basically worn out point. For 11 dollars what can I say! 95% of the time I'm in that holster. Sometimes in the winter if I'm in a coat ill carry owb but that doesn't happen very much.

Now I'm 6'3 and 280 pounds. So I'm a big guy lol. My size does make it a little easier to conceal a full size gun but even in shorts and a tee shirt if you carry it right you'll never know its there. I carry at about 3 o'clock with a little cant to the gun. I've noticed without that cant the grip will print much easier plus it happens to be more comfy with the cant there.

Hopefully some of that will help you out. How do you like that theiss holster? I was choosing between that and crossbreed.

Kevin_d77

I like the Theis holster a bunch! Good craftsmanship, good price, a good warranty and CS. Can't really complain. Cheaper than the Crossbreed and only waited like 2 weeks to get it.

I just wasn't sure I wanted to do another kydex or not.

allaroundhunter

I like the Theis holster a bunch! Good craftsmanship, good price, a good warranty and CS. Can't really complain. Cheaper than the Crossbreed and only waited like 2 weeks to get it.

I just wasn't sure I wanted to do another kydex or not.

The gun will clear Kydex faster in my experience. There is a little more friction throughout the draw with leather than there is with Kydex.

Loronzo

I'm a leftie so the holster options were a little more vague for me. I ended up getting a right handed Galco leather holster and wear it at 7 oclock. I was suprised how well it holds/conceals my XD (I have a Crimson Trace on mine and am every bit of 150 lbs).

Kevin_d77

Was thinking about trying the N8 Squared brand. Just ordered Trijicons for it so it will get used more for sure!

travelinman

So much of it depends on your build. I carry either 4" XD40 or 3" XD9 in a Desantis OWB holster and can do that wearing a regular T-shirt. I'm lucky that my shoulders are broad enough that I have very little if any printing. I also have a Supertuck that I can wear if I'm wearing something not quite as loose.

Do you happen to know anyone w/ an XD that would let you try different holsters? I just let one of my employees who was on the fence about what he wanted in a holster borrow the 3 I've got so he could see what he liked.

Kevin_d77

I'm 5'-9" and about 180. Nobody I know has a XD w a holster. I carry my Shield as a primary but I like options and the XD is smaller than my favorite which is the steel Baby Eagle. Plus I have put by far more rounds thru the XD than any other pistol I own.

foxytwo

I carry a XD9c, 4" barrel in a kholster IWB with no problem. I also carry a XD40sc in a kholster and again I can wear most any kind of shirt. I wear a polo shirt untucked most all the time.