case lube pad

4runnerman

Ok i have a oops. I use very fine walnut to tumble my cases. Must have forgot to empty one of them. Now i have a very gritty pad.. Tips or help on how do you clean them?. Warm soap water??...

Thanks
Bruce

chiefr

I too clean my cases with walnut media and have worn out quite a few pads in my days. I usually scrape off the media residue with an old toothbrush or a razorblade careful not to cut into it. I do think it is important to keep chunks of walnut and metal off the pad to protect dies & cases. As far as keeping the pad the original color & perfectly clean, I gave up on that many years ago. My latest one is black with stains which I consider that a badge of honor considering the use it has seen.

rg1

I've used odorless mineral spirits to clean my lube pad. Put mineral spirits on a rag and rub until clean. Hasn't hurt my RCBS lube pad and it is clean and green again. Have done the cleaning several times. Don't saturate the pad, just the rag.

medalguy

I scrape the surface with a single edge razor blade, works fine. To clean use mineral spirits or any solvent. Hot water will probably work well too, never thought of that.:)

4runnerman

Thanks for the help all. Must have missed one case becase went to lube it and,,Wow i mean the whole ase must have been full. Kinda puts the brakes on right there.

Thanks
Bruce