Case Length, Case Mouth Chamfering, Case Mouth Reaming

1911rocks

Does someone make a tool for a 1 step Case Length trim , while chamferring and reaming the case mouth? It's always a pain when you trim to length (even with a brand new cutter) and then have the little ridge on the outside of the case mouth, as well as on the inside that requires chamferring and reaming. Thank you for your help.

" No one is smarter than all of us"
Ken Blanchard

freakshow10mm

RCBS makes one that attaches to their Trim Pro case trimmer. It's the 3-way cutter I think they call it.

If you are looking for a handheld device I don't think there is.

Check Grafs.com for the best price. Shipping is included and processing is $5.

snuffy

Does someone make a tool for a 1 step Case Length trim , while chamferring and reaming the case mouth? It's always a pain when you trim to length (even with a brand new cutter) and then have the little ridge on the outside of the case mouth, as well as on the inside that requires chamferring and reaming. Thank you for your help.

It's a necessary evil, or a fact of reloading life. It's called a burr, it HAS to be removed, every time you trim.

The RCBS trimmer head is caliber specific. Meaning it only works for 30 cal, or whatever your bullet diameter/caliber is.

Lyman makes a chamfer tool that does both the inside AND outside chamfer at-the-same-time. And it's adjustable for all the way from 17 cal to 45 cal. Getting the adjustment just right is a trial and error process. I have one, I don't like it. It doesn't cut cleanly enough to suit me.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=495603

I've been using this inside chamfer tool for many years. The lyman VLD chamfer tool makes a longer taper into the inside of the case, cutting at 22 degrees instead of the standard 45 Deg.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=342199

Trimming is the one reloading task I like the least. But it's necessary and has to be done.