case ID

4runnerman

Hello all. Question time. I have been collecting cases all summer and now that it's winter and to cold to shoot im sorting my stuff for ease this summer in reloading. I started with my 223, im about half way done and am over 10,000 already. I have a variety of cases,this is where i need some pro's (you guys) help. I have these cases,wanting to know if they are military or not and who makes them. I figure with all this brass i don't need to mess with the military stuff right now.

1- LC06
2- MI93 08
3- LC 07
4- WCC 09
5- MAL 8-81 5.56-Military??
6- RORG 92

Thanks for any help

Bruce

Last edited:

m&p45acp10+1

I am unsure of the others but I do know the LC is Lake City. The two digit number is the last two digits of the year of manufacture. It is probably mil surp brass. If it is from a public range you will probably be lucky enough that some one else did the hard work of removing the primer pocket crimp. I like them for reforming to .221 Rem Fireball for my CZ rifle. Also note I have seen specials on midway.com selling new LC brass with uncrimped primer pockets. I have also seen a few boxes of Federal .223 that were loaded in LC cases.
WCC is Winchester IE Winchester Cartidge Company. R-P is Remington Peters. UMC is Union Metalic Cartridge (a subdivision of Remington if I rember correctly.) FC is Federal. Two stars with a line between them is Star Line.

4runnerman

Disco Racing,,,Ya i knew i was going to get heck for that statement:D. Im more into the 65 to 85 temp kinda guy. I was going to go today for winter here it was 39 above and a very mild wind. Im old guy ha ha,Bones just don't take that cold stuff no more. I also just shoot paper now so it's not a big deal.I have had a few guys ask me to go hunting for yotes and ground hogs,Sounds like a blast,but i judt don't know yet. Stay cool buddy

As noted, LC is Lake City.

WCC stands for Western Cartridge Company, a mark used by Winchester.

RORG is Royal Ordnance Radway Green, one of the British military's primary small arms ammunition arsenals and part of the Ministry of Defense.

Not sure what MAL is.

4runnerman

Thanks a bunch guys.Back to sorting. I started picking up brass this summer and now i can't walk by a pc with outpicking it up. I swear i have 20,000 plus 223 cases. Maybe 5000 40 sw and another 3000 9MM again. Brass at the local scrap yard is up to 1.25 lb now.