Carrying the P1 (P38)

denfoote

Ok, I know what you are all thinking. The old Guaro has surely gone off the deep end this time!!! :rolleyes:
But it's true!! I have this Century Arms unissued Bw P1 from 1980. It has the aluminium alloy frame and the steel hex pin. I have just enough rounds through it to complete the break in. I am going to have SA Gun leather make me a bikini holster for it and I'm gunna carry it!! :p As far as I know, nobody carries the P38 any more, except for a few Nazi's in the movies!! But hey, I shoot it better than my P5 AND P99!!! :eek:

Erich

I don't see anything nuts about that at all. Man, and where are you going to get a better deal than those P-1s they're bringing in nowadays? I wish they'd had surplus stuff of this quality when I was a poor college student!

9mmepiphany

i good holster will really carry it very comfortably...many years ago, back when sam andrews was in CA, he mde me a beautiful pancake style holster for my p38 (byf44)...all the molding was on the outer hide and it lay flat against the body.

kahrma

Why not carry the P-1? It is a fully modern gun and holds 8+1. If you have to carry a Beretta or a Ruger 9mm with a "castrated" mag, the P-1 will be MUCH smaller and lighter! There is nothing out dated about the P-38/P-1, fieldstrip a Beretta and compare it to the inner working of the P-38/P-1.

I own a P-1 and it feeds everything without a hitch and is much more accurate than my Ruger P-89 or Beretta 92fs. I carry the Beretta because of the higher capacity (15+1 for me, no 10 round BS) and because I can shoot it faster and better than any other gun I have.

9mmepiphany

i keep the p38 because it belonged to the uncle who introduced me to guns and shooting.

but the trigger is horrible, it points way low (for me), has a questionable safety and is "nose light"

leadbutt

den,your not nuts,I have two Officers that got permission to carry theirs from the Chief,and do so for off duty.

cocojo

denfoote my P-1 shoots better than my P-99 and I wouldn't hesitate to carry it. It's just a little big for conceal carry over my G-36 or Walther P-5.