carrying sling for Rem 700?

navaho

Any suggestions for a sling for a Rem 700?

What I'm looking for is something that will allow me to haul it around in the "Rear Carry" position (please see
http://www.CQBsolutions.com/carryoptions.htm for a photo of what this looks like).

This means a pretty long sling (for me anyway, since I'm on the tall side: 6' 5").

What I do *not* want is a shooting sling, one of those thick leather jobs that some people use. It's overkill for my purposes (as well as being more expensive, and more weight).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

kgs

I use a padded nylon sling from Uncle Mikes. I'm 6'3" and I can carry my Remington 700 in the manner you state.

Just my .02.

kgs.

navaho

Which model of Uncle Mike's sling works for you?

They seem to have at least 5 diff. rifle slings:

a) Easy Rider Stretch Sling
b) Mountain Sling
c) Quick-Adjust Sling
d) Ultra Sling
e) Utility Sling

or a different model.

Thanks in advance!

kgs

navaho......

Unfortunately, I am not sure which Uncle Mike's sling that I have. I tried looking at the tag, but it doesn't give a model. And I bought this one about ten years ago so any packaging I would have had is long gone.

Sorry for the lack of info. :(

Regards,

kgs.

Michael Priddy

Unadjustable sling

use the unadjustable braided sling in Cabala's catalog. I don't wear it over the back, but it has enough slack to wear it that way. I have only had it for a year and a half/two deer seasons. I don't know how long it will hold up. Some of my solid leather slings are over 20 years old and still going strong. I don't like the nylon slings. I'm a traditionalist. I don't like nylon,plastic or graphyte. When it comes to fire arms or knives...Mike. JMHO