Carrying Extra Blued Finished Magazines??

murphjup

I just recently purchased a Colt "New Agent" 3" 1911... I am enjoying carrying it thus far, but I am a bit concerned about how well the extra blued finished magazine will wear over time...??

I carry the extra mag in a mag pouch in my pocket...

Should I consider purchasing some stainless ones for carry? Or will the blued mags do ok if I keep them lubed etc?

Thank you in advance...

:)

OldShooter

Mag wear

From normal use the bluing on a mag will wear, that will not adversely affect the function. Why not put the pouch on your belt? People don't usually lube their magazines, you should know this. Tell us what you enjoy about carrying your Colt "New Agent" 3" 1911.

murphjup

From normal use the bluing on a mag will wear, that will not adversely affect the function. Why not put the pouch on your belt? People don't usually lube their magazines, you should know this. Tell us what you enjoy about carrying your Colt "New Agent" 3" 1911.

Oldshooter, thank you for your reply... Well RJ Hedley, made me a mag pouch that fits well in my pocket... I also carry with shirt tucked in, so one on the belt doesn't always work well... I like the "New Agent" due to it's concealabilty, and of course I like the firepower of the .45 ACP round...

Thank you for your reply, when I said lubed I meant just lubed on the finish... and with that being the case I was wondering how well the finish would hold up over time...

:)

JohnKSa

Administrator
You can have them chrome or electroless nickel plated for $7 each here.

I've not used Mahovsky's Metalife's services but have heard good things about them.