Carry ammo for Sig 239 (9mm)??

jawper

All,

Greetings! I've got a friend and colleague who just purchased a Sig 239 in 9mm ($570 NIB with SigLights - seemed pretty good to me). He's very excited and intends to use the pistol for CCW.

I'm going to take him to the range to put some defensive loads through the gun to see what it likes (and what he shoots well). Since I have no experience with Sigs, let alone this particular model, I'd appreciate some feed back on what other TFLers have found works well in their 239s. He did 30 years in the Marines and likes to shoot so I'm not too worried about recoil tolerance, etc. I am interested in accuracy and terminal performance.

Given the size of the pistol, I'm thinking about an assortment of 115 grain stuff. I've got some Fed HiShok, Rem +p+, and CorBon +p in that weight that I can bring along. What do ya'll like in your 239s?

Thanks in advance for any input.

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

Mike in VA

Any quality JHP (115 gr for summer, 124 for winter)will work fine. Mine has fed everything I've tried (Federal, Remington, Corbon, Speer, Fiocchi, Winchester) reliably, is quite accurate for it's size. It'll just boil down to what you feel comfortable with. good luck, M2

PT-Partners

I carry 9mm at work and off duty.

I personaly favor the 124 Gold Dot plus P. I have excellent accuracy with it and I like the idea the lead is bonded to the copper jacket as there is less of a chance of the bullet fragmenting.

Most any name brand, quality hollow point ammo should do you well.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com