Carring in a bar

sterno

So I find myself with a dilemma.

I'm a musician. I just recently started a new band and we're now starting to book shows. These shows are in bars. I live in (actually very near) New Orleans where crime is going abit nuts. Alot of our shows are going to end up being in New Orleans.

BK (before Katrina) I wouldn't be worried so much about it because even though the murder rate was high it was hard to get killed unless you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place, namely buying or selling drugs. Now it a different story. There's a drug/turf war going on and everything and everywhere is fair game. Not to mention the rash of armed robberies and shootings in bars.

It is not legal in Louisiana to "carry a gun in a establishment with a class A licence to serve alcohol for consumption on the premesis."

So there's my dilemma. I could go the "judged by 12..." mentality but I need abit more info than that. I searched and can't seem to find the penalties for CC in a bar.

Any input? And please don't say "Move out of New Orleans."

Dino.

As a fellow musician, I understand your concern.
However, my concern would really only be the possibility of being approached while unloading or loading up my equipment. In which case, I'd maybe discreetly carry while loading and unloading my equipment, then keep it locked up in the vehicle while on stage. Chances are if you're approached, it would be outside of the bar anyway. I'm also thinking, a "justified" shooting in a bar where firearms are not allowed may not be so "justified".

JMO